Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Let the Fun Begin!!- Tasteful Tuesday

Hello lovely people!!

So here comes the FUN that Summer has talked to you about. Wo hoo! I'm excited, can you say?? :)

As she already told you, from Monday to Friday we'll be posting here, all of the DT, and our fabulous Guest Designers as well. You'd better be prepared, follow our blog and pop over everyday.. you'll never know if your card will be the next one to be shown here (we LOVE to share our Belles 'n Whistles.. too cute to be hidden!)for everyone to Ooooh and Aaaah over it! Other day you'll be challenged to use something on your creation with a Belles 'n Whistles stamp.. other times you might simply comment and win... just because!! You haven't got these Babes yet? NO problem! You can find them HERE I'm sure you won't be disappointed! They are priceless to own!

This is just a taster obviously.. many other things will happen here.. but I don't want to spoil the fun! You come here.. and see for yourself ;)

So.. why Tasteful Tuesday you may ask?

Tasteful because we love candy, we love eating.. and LOVE eye candy as well :)
that's what I'm going to share with you. This card is my eye candy for you today.



I used Teddy Bear Picnic from our gorgeous Elisabeth Bell's designs for this cutie patootie :)Isn't she darling.. and oh those memories of our childhood picnics! Don't you just love it when you plan a family picnic and your kid gets her/his favourite teddy to share the fun?! :)


I coloured her both with Copics for the smaller areas, and for the bakground and larger areas I experimented with combining Distress Inks. Do you like the result? Or it would have been better to stick to Copics all throughout the image? I would like your opinion please.


This is the inside view of the card.

I hope you like it! And for you to join in the fun, Summer is offering this same stamp for someone who will leave a comment here.




Yes.. just because.. Now.. isn't THIS FUN? You have till 10pm (Central European Summer Time (CEST) +0200 UTC )my time to leave a comment here, on this post, telling me your current favourite beverage. I will draw a winner by Random Generator and update this post, with the winner, this evening!



My current favourite beverage for our hot hot Maltese Summer season is Lemonade (real lemon- ade.. with drops of fresh lemon juice) with ice-cubes! A real thirst quencher! Mmmm!!

So.. what did Summer tell you? It IS fun, and hopefully you'll check if this gorgeous stamp will be yours this later on. Tomorrow there will be something else going on here.. so don't forget to check it out. If you haven't already joined, remember that there is a fantabulous challenge going on at our Roses on Paper/ Belles 'nd Whistles challenge blog, to showcase your Belles'nd Whistles creation with us. The prize? A B'nd W stamp of YOUR choice!! Isn't Summer most generous?

Have a Delicious Tasteful Tuesday, and if you have already created something with this stamp, please leave a direct link to your post here as well, we'll surely come and see it!!

Smiles!!


EDITED TO READ:


WHOA!! You were FUN-TAS-TIC peeps!! I Loved reading your comments, and your lovely favourite beverages :) You surely have taste!! I wish you send me some of it in cyber cups, for me to taste them all! They sound yummy!!! :)

Okay.. it's time lovely people: Here is the winner of Teddy Bear picnic stamp, generously given by Summer.



Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:

24
Timestamp: 2009-09-01 20:43:19 UTC





So.. after taking off double comments, or DT comments, I found out that the winner is... DRUMROLL....


Michele

Michele wrote: Gorgeous card. Love the image you've used and the perfect colouring also. Pretty papers and details to. My favourite beverage is a large mug of tea. Hugs Michele x

Congrats Michele!! I hope you'll enjoy your new stamp! I know it will be of good use and loved. I suggest you go and have a peep at her blog, she does gorgeous creations.

Bye for now. Don't forget t pop in tomorrow, another member of the Dt will have something else for you ;) who will it be??? Mmm guess work!!

Smiles!!

43 comments:

  1. Wow - what a lovely card - I like the combination of inks and copics, I think they make a good contrast and backgrounds and large areas always look nice in inks.
    As to my favourite beverage - I like in the summer a nice long glass of Pimms but it must have all the fruit. But in the winter I much prefer a nice cup of Nescafe. (Guess that is showing my age)

    Thanks for the chance to win such a gorgeous stamp.

    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stamp is so cute and your card showcases it beautifully!!

    My all time favorite beverage is Diet Dr. Pepper. MMMMM. In fact, it's a generational favorite. My grandma, mom, and I all drink it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card, Rosette! I have those lemonade papers, but I've been stuck as to how to combine them - seeing your card shows how they compliment each other beautifully! I think this stamp is probably my favourite of the bunch so far. Our daughter adores her teddies and soft toys, and still plays picnics with them at 8 years old! So this reminds me of her completely! Oh, and my all-time favourite beverage is a really boring one - freshly squeezed orange juice! I love it so much that my dentist has told me to stop drinking it otherwise I will have no tooth enamel left! Hee hee! Hugs, Sem xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just sooo lovely. I've already visited Rosette's blog and admired the card there as well.
    The stamp is really cute. I've just ordered my first Belles 'nd Whistles-stamp today, but this was not one of them. I would love to have it though. :)
    Hugs, Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, I would do almost anything for a real tasteful smoothie. Specially when it's hot outside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, outside and inside, I love using different mediums for colouring I think it gives just a little edginess to the project, as you have done. My favourite summer drink is very plain, iced water with a squeeze of lemon and lime.
    Suzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, beautiful colours and I think the combination of distress inks and copics works really well!
    My favourite beverage at the moment is fresh orange juice! Thanks for the chance to win! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. My favorite drink is Dr. Pepper. Thank you for a chance to win!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    sweet, sweet card, brings up the childhood memories, like you said.
    My all time favourite beverage is peppermint-tea. We grow a lot of peppermint in our yard, and as long the peppermint grows we don´t drink anything else. If it´s winter, we wait impatiently for the spring to arrive ;-).
    Hugs Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love the image, fabulous colouring. My favourite is lemonade. Thanks for a chance to win.
    Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card, and it's been colored wonderfully well. My favorite summertime drink would have to be homemade lemonade, made with oranges, lemons, lots of ice cube, a bit of sugar and shaken well, with slices of orange in it. I used to get this at a sumemr fair, but now I make my own and this way I can drink as much of it as I like.
    Thank you for the chance to win.
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card and the colours you have used are really summery. I think the use of distressed inks have worked fantastic as gives off a really subtle shading to the areas inked.

    My favourite beverage has to be good old fashioned tradionally home made lemonade.

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Rosette!!! I love how you combined Copics and Distress Inks, your coloriong is beautiful as is the whole card! Love the papers too!

    I'm so excited we are having so much fun here now all together! Even if I can't win ;-) I want to tell you my favorite Summer drink...it's pretty simple. I like sparkling mineral water and add a little freshly squeezed lemon juice to it.

    Good luck to ya all!

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card!My favorite beverage is Crystal Light Peach Tea with lemon. Yum!
    Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card! Perfect coloring. I like the combo of different mediums to color with. My fav bev is hazelnut coffee with a touch of half and half.
    thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is stunning and coloured so beautifully.Ive so got to get me some of these gorgeous stamps :)
    My favourite drink would have to be orange juice with the juicy bits in lol
    hugs amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous Card! Such beautiful coloring. That stamp is so pretty, theres so many details on it, I just love it!
    My fav drink is Strawberry Daiquiry, ofcourse with a huge layer of whipped cream on top :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. My favorite all time favorite is diet Dr. Pepper - I'm a soda junkie!

    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card! My favorite drink is strawberry lemonade with real chunks of strawberry inside. Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beatiful card hun, and I love the coloring and the DARLING image you used on this!!!! Would love to win one of these sweeties!!!!

    My favorite drink is tea i love the arizona ice tea!!

    thank you and have a wonderful week!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful card, thanks for sharing! please enter me in the drawing, jennifer
    queendragonfairie at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohhh your card is delicious Rosette. I can't play but I had to tell you that your mixed ink's are gorgeous, and... do you know what an orange julius is??? Well if I could drink those each day I would... Everytime I am shopping at the mall, I have to stop and buy one of those. Too bad I didn't know their secret recipe! =)
    Can't wait to see who wins this sweetie.

    Hugs,
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning card! I don't know enough to tell which is which for inks, but I love it just the way it is!!!
    My favorite current drink is an Arnold Palmer (1/2 lemonade & 1/2 ice tea). I am looking forward to seeing many more fabulous creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A really like the combination of inks and copics it looks great and has a soft feel to it. The card is brilliant and the stamp is just fabulous. My favourite drink at this time of year is Ribenna I just can't get enough of it, of course I always drink the low sugar version made with fresh cold water and plenty of ice.
    Have a great day and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very lovely card! So pretty with the bright yellows. My favorite drink for right now is a chocolate milkshake, yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a gorgeous card! this stamp is right at the top of my wish list, too!

    my fave summer drink is limeade with a little splash of cranberry juice. oh so yummy!

    but as it is just settling into Fall here, I am sipping my favorite drink of this season - pumpkin spice coffee....... delightful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card. Love the image you've used and the perfect colouring also. Pretty papers and details to. My favourite beverage is a large mug of tea. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Rosette your card is just beautiful and I love how you colored it. I have 2 favorite summer time drinks....strawberry banana smoothies or iced tea. Both are great on a hot summer day!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think the distress inks are lovely with the copics they've worked well together. Gorgeous card and brings a nice summer feel to my cloudy day. My drink is a nice cup of tea at all times, in fact i drink buckets of the stuff.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi there!
    One of the nicest cards I have ever seen!
    My mum has a craft shop called Stampeezee and she has ordered some stamps from your online shop - Yay!!
    My favourite Beverage is Orange and Passion Fruit J2O - I love it!
    I am keeping my fingers crossed!
    Hugs
    Grace
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Rosette, lovely card! Well, I have to say my favourtie drink is Kinnie - I'm a true Maltese lol. Take care, Louise

    ReplyDelete
  32. Rosette, your card is beautiful! I love your idea of coloring in a larger scene with two different coloring mediums. The results are fabulous! Awesome DP and layout! TFS!!
    My favorite beverage is my ice cold diet Coke:)
    Have a great day!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I adore this stamp, and the colors chosen. Simply beautiful! My favorite beverage is Coffee or Tea, Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  34. beautiful card, I prefer wild cherry diet Pepsi myself.

    ReplyDelete
  35. like what i see. I like to drink wild cherry diet pepsi also!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh how fun is this!!! My favorite stamp and my favorite beverage! Well... My favorite beverage is iced coffee! Yummy! I just love it and love this stamp! This is one I want so bad I can "taste" it! LOL! Thanks for the chance to win it!

    ReplyDelete
  37. How fun! I love iced cappucino's and Wild Cherry Pepsi!!

    Love this cute stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  38. beautiful card
    my favourite beverage has to be a cup of tea - great any time of day
    Debbi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. My favorite beverage is water. (I'm trying to be healthier, so I've pretty much given up my beloved Diet Coke.)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the colors you used on your card....that shade of green is my absolute favorite color, throw in some pink and its perfect! I like the effect you got using copics and inks .
    My favorite summer drink has become Arizona Ice Tea (green tea). I really like the green tea with prickly pear juice they have in slovakia. Wish I could find it here!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love your Card. I think the copics and the inks are gorgeous done together. I know I'm too late for the contest, but wanted to tell you I loved the card you made. The inside is as beautiful as the outside. I especially love that. Hugs, Cynde

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your card is beautiful Rosette and I rather like the combo of Copics and DIs, I think using various media in one piece of work is quite special and we should do it more often.
    Well, my favourite beverage for now has to be Bush Tea! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  43. So, even though the links of london wedding attire is given the prime links jewellery focus, it is important to look into links of london uk issues like the choice of hair and make-up, cheap links of london shoes that compliment the attire and links london jewellery other such seemingly trivial yet very cheap watch charm important details.Things to Look Out for friendship bracelets by choosing, shoes that compliment your sweetie bracelets uk wedding attire perfectly. Make sure to not only Links london Chains focus on the look of the shoe but to also pay links london pendants attention to the material of the shoe.

    ReplyDelete