Thursday, September 24, 2009

And more from our hop...

From Rosette's Blog:

excerpts taken with permision from her blog

Mmmmm... Apple pie!.. it's my favourite dessert this one, and I couldn't resist having a real Apple Pie near to Celebrate this Beauty!

Do you like it? yes?

Do you want it? Nooo !!! lol
I will eat this all by myself lol.. so if you don't hear from me again this week.. you'll know I'm sick with all the pie!! :))Okay.. back here! Do you like this lovely Babe as much as I do?? I fell in love with her from the moment I first saw it on Elisabeth's blog! She is such a beauty,and is dressed in so much a special way; that I wanted to make her a special card.
A lovely layout taken from Midnight Madness sketch for the week, gorgeous embellishments, and some rich, deep colours for Miss Belle. I used Urban Prairie from Basic Grey papers, and coloured her with Copics.
You can also see some of my fish-ies there!! :))
Then I mounted the image on mini foam pads. I cut the nesties (two different sized ovals, and a bigger scalloped oval). I distressed the smallest with Scattered Straw Distress Ink,and the middle nestie with Black Soot Distress Ink. I popped the image on them and worked on the rest of the sketch.

As you can see the sketch has five dots on the left hand side. For four of them I used Basic Grey Rhinestones, and for the fifth I made the flower arrangement.Another option is that you add the flowers individually. Five flowers for five dots! :) A pink organza ribbon with bow was added on the right hand side; with a flower embellished with spacer, Basic Grey brad and heart charm.Sentiment is Whiff of Joy.
I kept the inside plain, but used some element stickers from the Urban Prarie 12x12 paper pack sheet. I hope by now you want this babe for yourself, she's a wonder to colour! I'm sorry that I'm no good to your wallet.. but I know you won't be disappointed. If you already purchased Belles 'n Whistles stamps, you know that even the packaged stamp is a beauty in itself! And maybe by now you need an Apple pie as well. No problem; here comes the recipe as well.. just for you to do!!! Have a Lovely Yum Yum Apple-ey Day!! Now.. sometihn yummy for your tummy!!

Delicious Simple Apple-Pie
Pastry
1 cup plain flour
1/2 (half) cup self-raising flour
1/4 cup cornflour1/4 cup custard powder
1 tablespoon Castor sugar
125g butter, chopped
1 egg, separated
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon Castor sugar, extra
Lemony Apple filling
7 large apples
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1. Combine sifted flours, custard powder and sugar in large bowl, rub in chopped butter with fingertips or in food processor, until ingredients are just combined.
2. Add enough combined egg yolk and water to mix a firm dough. Turn dough on a lightly floured surface, knead gently until smooth. Cut dough in half, wrap in plastic wrap, refrigerate for 30 min.
3. Remove top piece of plastic from pastry. Use remaining plastic to help turn pastry into pie plate. Carefully press pastry into pie plate, do not stretch pastry. Carefully remove remaining plastic.
4. Trim edge of pastry with sharp knife. Reserve scraps.
5. Spoon cold filling evenly into pastry case, (filling instructions further down) brush edge of pastry with lightly beaten egg white.
6. Roll our remaining pastry as before, cover filling with pastry. Press edges together firmly, trim with knife. Using fingers, pinch edges to make a frill.
7. Roll reserved scraps between sheets of plastic wrap, cut leaf shapes from pastry, if desired. Otherwise add thin almond layers to decorate. Sprinkle pie with extra sugar after brushing the pastry with egg white. Bake in moderately hot oven for 20 min Reduce heat to moderate, bake further 20 min / until pie is golden brown
Apple Filling:
Peel apples, cut into quarters, remove cores. Cut each quarter in half lengthwise. Place apples into a large saucepan with water, bring to boil, reduce heat, cover, cook for about 5 min or until apples are just tender. Transfer apples to bowl, gently stir in sugar, cinnamon and lemon rind. Cool to room temperature.
Voila!! I hope you'll try that out, and let me know the results!! Yum Yum!! Thanks for looking


Rosette

From Peta's Blog:

excerpts taken with permision from her blog
There's nothing scarey about this stamp and isn't she just the cutest Halloween Witch you have ever seen.
**For your viewing pleasure and for my families tasting pleasure, I've created a recipe card for my Halloween Pumpkin Pie. **
**Halloween and Pumpkins go hand in hand and the purple I've used for my Little Witch I think works wonderfully with my orange pumpkins. **
** I've made my parts of Little Witch and my pumpkins 3D, just to give my recipe card a little bit of added depth. **


**My Pumpkin Pie is delicious and a very, very easy recipe to follow. If anyone has a go at making it I would love to hear your feed back on it.**


Peta

From the Blog of Lilian:

excerpts as taken with permision from her blog


I am very proud to introduce this image called Tania Baking. She was colored with Copic markers. The background behind her was airbrushed. I wanted this card to be vintage looking so I colored her in (what I hope looks like) vintage colors. Did some hand stitching on the brown cs. What actually holds this whole card/s are the 2 gingham ribbons and nothing else. I tested it and it's quite sturdy. I wanted to make a card that looks like a recipe card.
Now looking at it, I think you can also write your favorite recipes to give to a friend. "STIR", "BAKE" & "TASTE" are stickers. I just love how perfect they were for this card! Don't the cakes behind them look yummy!? I ate a slice of my fave, mango cake, after taking the pictures lol! The other 2 are Ube (Purple Yam) and Chocolat Mousse. YUMMY!


These are the inserts. These are all from 1 sheet of scrapbook paper. I just cut them to fit into these cards. The tabs are stickers. I love the size of these inserts. You can also put photos, verses, messages...
This is the back part of "Family Recipe" Sweet Treats - front and back (Sorry for the blurry photo) Our Favorite Food - front and back.

Have a wonderful day!

Lilian

3 comments:

  1. All these creations are just gorgeous!!! There too is another recipe I have to try as that pie looks perfect! I would be afraid to cut it! LOL
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, even though the links of london wedding attire is given the prime links jewellery focus, it is important to look into links of london uk issues like the choice of hair and make-up, cheap links of london shoes that compliment the attire and links london jewellery other such seemingly trivial yet very cheap watch charm important details.Things to Look Out for friendship bracelets by choosing, shoes that compliment your sweetie bracelets uk wedding attire perfectly. Make sure to not only Links london Chains focus on the look of the shoe but to also pay links london pendants attention to the material of the shoe.

    ReplyDelete