Friday, September 25, 2009

The last of the hop...

From Lynda's Blog:
excerpts taken with permision from her blog

For my project I decided I would just LOVE to feature theBelles n' Whistles Scarecrow and Little Wizard. He's SOOOO Cute sharing his candy that way. What else could I do, but to create something using some candy. I decided I would make a festive Fall centerpiece out of CANDY. I think this would make a great gift,and look at the cute card you could make to along with it.
I tried to keep the card a simple one, simply because I knew that I would have a busy photograph to show you. I really wanted some contrast, and I think I have succeeded. Just look at that handsome scarecrow! He's got a cute pumpkin for a head, but he looks so lifelike doesn't he? If you were a crow, would you be scared?How could you be? He's just SOOO Handsome!How sweet is that little wizard, sharing his candy with the scarecrow? This reminds me of little kids who think they canhave real conversations with mannequins. That handsome scarecrow probably won't talk to him OR accept the piece of candy... Or will he? Here's a closer look....
Oh I just can't get over how cute this stamp is -Not to mention the fun I had coloring it in. I used Copics for coloring as well as some Twinkling H2o's. I fell in love immediately with the result! I have a good mixture of DP's, the blue papers are from S.U. The glittered striped paper from DCWV, and the mustard color from Debbie Mumm. My flower is punched from matching Debbie Mumm paper. And my ribbon is actually some that I used in my center piece. Yes it's true, my centerpiece is made up of LOTS & LOTS of candy I even took a close up, so that you could see for yourself.
The "Recipe" for this little project is so simpleyou won't believe it. I took a wire clothes hanger, cut the hook and the twisted part off of it, Bent it together and pinched it shut with a pair of pliers. Then I bent the wire into a circle shape. It doesn't have to be PERFECT, because the candy hides any flawsNext, I started tying the candies onto the wire.Cinnamon and butterscotch candies were used the most. And I added some Brachs Milkmade caramels for added color and Just to throw a little something different into the mix. As I got a few on, I just started pushing them tightly togetheruntil I was a little over 3/4 of the way fullthen I spaced them out, and added shimmery wired ribbon and bows. And we were on to something. I took a plain white candle, decorated it lightly, and placed it in the center And Ta-Da.... There you have a festive Fall centerpiece for your table. Just think of the goodies you can eat when you are done using it! =)~~~

From Kathrin's Blog:
excerpts taken with permision from her blog

You surely just realized that the fall collection has again some of the cutest stamps for each fall or halloween project. Elisabeth Bell once again created so beautiful images and crafting with them is pure fun! On my card I used an image called “Mmmm, yes please”. I can smell that cake and it is easy to understand that this little boy wants a piece of it.

To go with the nostalgic look of this stamp I´ve put some UTEE on the image and carefully broke it after cooling. I then added some violett ink to the cracks.Since all of us have baked or cooked something yummy for you and I went with a German Sugar Plum Crumble Cake I also used plum colors for my card.

And here is my cake:

It´s looking yummy, isn´t it? Want to try it? So, here´s the recipe. A big thank you to Iris for “translating” all the german measurements into american! I would never have gotten this on my own. Have a lot of fun baking and eating...

For the dough:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 egg
1 stick plus 1tbsp butter, unsalted
½ cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla sugar or substiture with a little vanilla extract
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp milk if needed
1 tsp cinnamon
2-3 lbs fresh European plums or damson plums



For the filling:
7 oz sour creme
1 stick plus 3.5 tbsp butter, unsalted
½ cup sugar
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 egg
3.5 oz ground hazelnuts



Pre-heat oven to 180° Celsius / 355 F. In a bowl combine flour and baking powder, add all remaining dough ingredientsand mix well until dough forms, add some milk if needed. Place 1/2 ofthe dough on the bottom of a cake pan (springform pan), use half of the remaining dough to form a rim.Pit the prunes / sugar plums and place them on top of the dough in your cake pan.For the filling melt the butter, add the sugar and cook until it becomes slightly brown; add honey. Now stir in the flour and mix very well. Finally add the hazelnuts and let the mixture cool a bit.In a bowl combine the sour creme and the egg, mix well. Add the sugar-nut mix. Pour the sour cream mixture on top of the prunes/sugar plums and put the cake into the oven. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove cake from the oven. Crumble remaining dough over the cake and bake for another 35 to 40 minutes.Let the cake cool completely before serving.


From Jodi's Blog:
excerpts taken with permision from her blog


I am so excited to be apart of this team and to be able to introduce to you one of the cutest stamps that are created by the very sweet and talented Elisabeth Bell. Here she is in all her cuteness Little Witch With Broom!! I just adore this image and the cute little spider that hangs from her broom.


The design team was asked by Summer to create something yummy with the image that we have and since I have pumpkins with this stamp I chose a Pumpkin Spice Latte! Oh these are absolutely delicious!! If you've never ever had one and love pumpkin desserts you are in for a real treat! One of the reasons I love the fall season is because all of the yummy pumpkin scents and flavors are back! Anyway here is a photo of my Pumpkin Spice Latte!

Doesn't this make your mouth water? Now that I'm thinking about it looks like I will have to have one of those tomorrow morning! LOL! If you'd like the recipe you can click on the above photo for a closer look at it.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and yummy recipes! I can't wait to receive the new stamps, I love the "Scarecrow and Little Wizard" so much, that cute little boy reminds me of my nephew so much. :)

    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just beautiful and these pictures are making me hungry!! LOL Love the images ~ I just got mine and can't wait to create with them!! Thanks again for the blog hop and lovely prize!! :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, even though the links of london wedding attire is given the prime links jewellery focus, it is important to look into links of london uk issues like the choice of hair and make-up, cheap links of london shoes that compliment the attire and links london jewellery other such seemingly trivial yet very cheap watch charm important details.Things to Look Out for friendship bracelets by choosing, shoes that compliment your sweetie bracelets uk wedding attire perfectly. Make sure to not only Links london Chains focus on the look of the shoe but to also pay links london pendants attention to the material of the shoe.

    ReplyDelete