Tuesday, September 22, 2009

More from the Fall Blog Hop Release!

This is the week for re-cap so here are two more of the Blog Hop highlights by the wonderfully talented Design Team members Iris & Susan:



Iris' Blog Hop contribution
excerpts as taken with permision from her blog
My card shows the super cute "Hearty Thanksgiving" image. Isn't that stamp just the perfect stamp for a Thanksgiving card, Thanksgiving invitations or even a Thanksgiving menu card?! Because of that I thought making a combination of a Thank You card and Recipe Card would be just perfect. And I got inspired by the image... what is very popular on Thanksgiving besides Turkey? Yes, PUMPKIN! So I decided making some yummy pumpkin muffins accompanying my card :-) And as I mentioned it is a recipe card I also included this muffin recipe in the card (on the inside). And for everyone whose interested at the end of my posting you'll find the recipe /recipe card as well! ;-)
I used Copics to color my image and distress inks to distress. For decorations on the outside of the card I used buttons, ribbon, lace, a charm, half-pearls and some Prima flowers.The DP is Graphic 45 and DCWV, Cardstock is Bazzill.On the inside I used a Magnolia muffin stamp colored with my Copics as well andadded Stickles to the sprinkles on top for some dimension.The pumpkin is cut out using cuttlebug dies and matching embossing folder.The recipe card is computer generated!For the background paper I used color core card stock and embossed it withthe Cuttlebug embossing folder Autumn. To reveal the yellow core on theembossed parts I used sand paper. The embossed flourishes is also a Cuttlebugembossing folder, which I distressed with distress inks after embossing.Added some buttons for decoration.Here is the computer generated recipe card:(click on the pictures to enlarge and easily read the recipe) Are you still following? Hope you like this new cute Belles 'n Whistles image and what I did with it! :-) For a German version of the recipe click here!


Susan's Blog Hop posting
excerpts as taken with permission from her blog

If you've read much of my blog, you know what a huge Harry Potter fan I am and I was so excited when I found out I got to present The Scarecrow and Wizard for you! Isn't this just the absolutely cutest thing? I took one look at it and fell in love! This cutie is colored with Prismacolor pencils and OMS and highlighted with Glossy Accents, Stickles, my clear Jelly Roller gel pen and my Glaze pen. Don't you just love this close up of him handing the scarecrow a piece of candy? As you blog hop, you'll notice a theme with this release. They all have something to do with baking or food of some type. So we've got some recipes for you! When I saw this baby, I thought of the home made Caramels that we used to make so I want to share my recipe with you.
Caramels
Ingredients:
2 cups of Sugar
1/2 cup of light corn syrup
1/2 cup of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
4 teaspoons of butter
1 cup of heavy cream
Cook to stiff ball at 246 degrees. Add vanilla, pour into a buttered pan. When it cools, take it out and cut it into squares and wrap in wax paper. That's it! I hope you give this recipe a try. I'd love to hear how it comes out for you!

5 comments:

  1. I never tire seeing them.. they are both so gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both gorgeous I am really loving these new stamps.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Rosette, I just LOVE ooh-ing and aah-ing over these sweet cards. Aren't they just magnificent? =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy treats and loving all the details! Gorgeous presentations too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are just gorgeous and I am going to try out some of these recipes as well since it is my favorite time of the year for baking!!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete