Monday, September 21, 2009

Thank you, everyone! Guest DT Call?!

Wow, wow, WOW!! What a fabulous turnout! I want to thank everyone who took the time to participate in the Belles ‘n Whistles Fall Release Blog Hop! What a huge success with many wonderful visitors and lovely comments left! The new set of yummies are now in the store and shipping begins this week! I've asked my DT to take a rest these next few while I re-cap the great creations that were shared in their individual blogs.

Now those of you who participated know that this was no ordinary blog hop—uh uh! This was a yummy one, full of delectable treats for the eyes as well as the taste buds (should you choose to bake and indulge with us later, LOL!)! ;D If you didn't blog-hop with us, you’ll soon see what I mean through this week!

There’s something about Fall that gets me excited! Perhaps it’s the cooler morning and evening hours—cool enough for long-pant pajamas and socks, yummy soup dinners or hot chocolate with whipped cream for dessert, mmmm! Perhaps it’s the anticipation of all of the yummy holidays soon to come! In any case, Fall is a wonderful season! So wonderful, it got me motivated to participate myself in this scrumptious Fall blog-hop release, LOL!
I chose to showcase the new stamp called, “Mmm! Yes Please!”. “How absolutely adorable!”, is what I thought when I first laid eyes upon them in Elisabeth’s gallery! This pair is truly a favorite of mine! ;D And what an appropriate scene for fall…a nice toasty pie, fresh-from-the-oven, shared with a loved one! Mmm, yes please! I’ve colored them in using Copics and have accented here and there with my favorite embellishment—Diamond Ice Stickles!

Now to go along with the yummy stamp image is a yummy treat for you to try, Quick and Easy Apple Dumplings! Here is the recipe I use:
INGREDIENTS

2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
2 (10 ounce) cans of refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (12 ounce) can or bottle Mountain Dew

DIRECTIONS

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Cut each apple into 8 wedges, peel and set aside. Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles. Roll each apple wedge in a triangle of crescent roll dough. Pinch dough to seal around the apple and place the dumplings in your baking dish. In a small saucepan, melt butter and stir in the sugar and cinnamon. Spoon this mixture over the apple dumplings then pour the Mountain Dew over them. Bake these for 35 to 45 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.

The dumplings finish baking in a wading-pool of delicious syrup--their bottoms are soft and theirs tops nice and crisp. The syrup can be spooned onto the scoop of vanilla ice cream that really ought to accompany these treats…mmm, mmmm! I like to remove the dumplings from the pan and serve them right away. =)
Well now I've shared my blog-hop post today. I'll share the other DT member's posts throughout the week as the DT gear up to present more new creations and projects next week!

*** I nearly forgot!! If you are interested in becoming a Belles 'n Whistles Guest DT member for the months of November and December, please join us at the Roses on Paper/Belles 'n Whistles Combined Challenge Blog to enter!! Today starts the last of our challenges in order to qualify for a GDT position. Please read some if the details on the ROP/BnW challenge blog and join us, won't you! ***

Summer =)

9 comments:

  1. Your dumplings look really yummy, Summer, and the amazing image is just adorable!! I fell in love with all the images that were showcased on Saturday and have already ordered three of them :)
    Have a great week.
    Hugs, Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog hop was great and all the new stamps are beautiful! I ordered yesterday and can't wait to receive them. I love Belles 'n Whistles and I'm definitely going to apply to the GDT call. :)
    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. I just never tire looking at your yummy card Summer.. yummy in every sense!! You did an amazing job, and we were delighted that you found the time to join in the fun! You did it again with those gorgeous stamps.. who's crazy not to want them eh??!! :))
    Thanks for giving me the chance to present these lovely images with you and the rest of out talented DT x
    Hugs and talk to you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can't help myself, this is just gorgeous, hey wait a minute, wasn't it YOU who once said, "YOU WISH YOU COULD STAMP" Haaaaaa, you might want to rephrase that. Your card is absolutely breathtaking and YUMMY. And the recipe, Oh boy, I am going to be baking some of those for sure.
    What an honor it was to be a part of this scrumptious blog hop. You have the BEST DT around!
    Big Hugs
    Lynda =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Summer we all had a blast at the blog hop and it was so much fun!!! Thanks for giving us the chance to create together and do such awesome things!!!!!
    Your card is sooooo beautiful, I really love the color combo you chose! Just perfect with that stamp! And your yummy Apple Dumplings are already on my menu plan this week :-)I already can smell them...lol

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so yummy and I can't wait to try this one! What fun it was to present these adorable cards to the stamping world and what a privilege it is every time to have such fun with my Design Team Sisters and have a blast! I hope everyone enjoyed the blog hop as much as we enjoyed putting it on. I am up for suggestions for the next release!

    Big hugs to everyone,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, love the fab image! Blog hop was gorgeous! Hugs,moni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got all my ingredients and am going to give these a go tonight!! Thanks again for the eye candy and recipe!!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, even though the links of london wedding attire is given the prime links jewellery focus, it is important to look into links of london uk issues like the choice of hair and make-up, cheap links of london shoes that compliment the attire and links london jewellery other such seemingly trivial yet very cheap watch charm important details.Things to Look Out for friendship bracelets by choosing, shoes that compliment your sweetie bracelets uk wedding attire perfectly. Make sure to not only Links london Chains focus on the look of the shoe but to also pay links london pendants attention to the material of the shoe.

    ReplyDelete