Thursday, September 17, 2009

time for a book thursday - and an important announcement



Cute "Lil´Miss Poppy" is the perfect stamp to use on a bookmark - by image and by size. Here in Germany school started one week ago and there are so many kids out there that will soon read their very first book on their own. And getting a book with a very special bookmark will make them enjoy it even more.
I colored her using my Prismacolor pencils and added her to my bookmark, which is 3 1/8" x 6 1/8". I also added a second layer of paper and - to make it match the use it is created for - a piece from a newspaper. I then decorated my bookmark with some flowers, swirls and lace taking care of the fact that it still has to fit into a book. So no high embellishments were used on it. I finished it with a tab and some ribbons - and now I am unpatiently waiting until I can give it away.

And now on to the exciting news we have for you:
Tomorrow we will have a blog hop - showing you Belles´n´Whistles wonderful fall collection, designed by Elisabeth Bell. All the DT members are so excited - and I am sure you´ll be as excited as we are once you see the beautiful new stamps! We´ll start with the hop tomorrow 9 am CEST (Central European Summer Time) here at the Belles´n´Whistles blog. More details can be found here tomorrow that time - just make sure you´ll be here!

And since this seems to be a tradition here also I have a question for you: what´s your favourite book-related craft you´ve made or seen so far? No matter if it was about a book, inspired by a book or even a little book you made yourself - please let us know!

Kathrin aka Kruemel

10 comments:

  1. Your bookmark is just adorable!! I love the colors that you have used and that image is so sweet!! I am so excited for tomorrow I can hardly wait!! I have been waiting along time to see if the image I love will be here in rubber!!!
    My favorite would have to be a bookmark. I make them for my girls and they really like them alot ~ they feel special they have there own personalized book mark!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Your bookmark is just adorable!! The coloring is just fabulous!! I will certainly be here tomorrow for the blog hop!! I just found out from Susan's blog!! How exciting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bookmark is beeeautiful Kathrin!!! I love the colors you chose and Lil Miss Poppy is just too adorable!

    My favorite book related craft are booksmarks as well and I also like to alter notebooks :-)

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is just precious! I make bookmarks as well, but gosh, they never turn out looking that cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bookmark,love little miss poppy! I finally mamanged to choose a couple of the BnW stamps and oh my are they gorgeous!Think poppy may be next on my list :)Can't wait to see the fall collection!
    I love making bookmarks too, also just had this idea!would'nt it be nice to actually make a little book yourself using stamped images and put your child's name into a little story how sweet would that be?!!
    looking forward to the blog hop!
    hugs amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh. This is soooo cute! And I can't wait for the blog hop and to see the new releases! My favorite book related craft where the book marks I made as gifts last Christmas. I stamped them up and colored them. Then I took them to office depot and had them laminated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there!
    That lil miss poppy is one of my Fave stamps!
    Hugs
    Grace
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bookmark is gorgeous.
    My favourite book related craft item would have to be a birthday book I saw on someone's blog, it had an Elisabeth Bell image on every page, it was amazing.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait for the hop!!! Love the bookmark it's lovely. Sorry but I'm no different to everyone else, I love making bookmarks and decorating plain notebooks.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, even though the links of london wedding attire is given the prime links jewellery focus, it is important to look into links of london uk issues like the choice of hair and make-up, cheap links of london shoes that compliment the attire and links london jewellery other such seemingly trivial yet very cheap watch charm important details.Things to Look Out for friendship bracelets by choosing, shoes that compliment your sweetie bracelets uk wedding attire perfectly. Make sure to not only Links london Chains focus on the look of the shoe but to also pay links london pendants attention to the material of the shoe.

    ReplyDelete