Sunday, October 18, 2009

Simply Thankful Sunday


Greetings All!!!
I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!
I'm sure you are wondering WHY I am saying
"Simply Thankful" in the Title of this post.
Well, I'll tell you!

With Thanksgiving coming soon
(at least here in the U.S. it is)
I decided to create something special for that special holiday.

I remember as a child my family would always take turns
naming something that they were thankful for.
We did this every year when I was younger, but this tradition has
seemed to fade away as we got older.
I decided to take the "Hearty Thanksgiving" stamp and
incorporate it into a special Thanksgiving Keepsake.

This is a "Thanksgiving" journal.
 

I only wish we had one of these when I was younger.
It sure would be fun to look back and read about all the things that
we were thankful for over the years.
The idea is to write down in the journal what each
person says and date it.  In later years, you will always have those
memories to go back and read.

I used a basic spiral bound 3 subject notebook,
covered both the front and the back, and then decorated
it the same way you would if you were creating a card.

The sentiment on the book was computer generated in order to
get a larger text area.  The ribbon is tied and knotted on the
spiral binding, so it's sure not to come untied. 
I placed a couple of tabs inside the book
so the book could be divided by peoples names,
so that they could have their own section of the book. 
Or you can use the other sections for quotes, comments
or just a funny or unique memory that may have
happened during the day.

I am absolutely positive that a book like this,
will become a cherished book for sure.
Not to mention you would be creating a wonderful
new family tradition!

Have you created something using one of our
Belles 'n Whistles stamps?
We'd love to see what you've made.
Upload your images to our new gallery

Just a reminder,
The Belles 'n Whistles Guest Design Team call is still open
If you are interested, make sure you go over to the
to find out more.

I hope you have enjoyed this post, and come back again tomorrow
for a special post by Lilian.  =)


5 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is super lovely Lynda. We do not celebrate Thanksgiving Day here, but being thankful for for we've been given by Our Creator is something that eveyone needs to be daily reminded of. So this keepsake is a necessity for every home I thin. Big hugs hun, and have a Happy Sunday everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, this is amazing! You´ve done such a beautiful job on coloring these 2 cuties and decorated this book with so much love. Not to mention how great this idea itself is! We don´t do Thanksgiving here in Germany too but there is for sure another occasion I could use this book - writing down birthday or christmas wishes for example... Totally love it!

    Have a wonderful sunday and big hugs!
    Kathrin aka Kruemel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that idea!! I have three girls and I think it is something that would could carry on!! So cute and the stamp is perfect for it! Beautiful colors as well!!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow very nice and such a great idea.. love it

    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynda this is so lovely! What a wonderful idea and your little book is gorgeous. You colored thee two little sweeties to perfection and I love all the details you've added! Great job!

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete