Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thumbs Up! - Thursday



Hello Everyone and Welcome to Thumbs Up! - Thursday! The first thumbs up are for our Guest Design Team call! Yes that's right, Summer is looking for 3 Guest Designers for our Belles 'n Whistles DT! Are you interested and want to apply? Over at our combined challenge blog with Roses on Paper you are getting all the information you need to enter! The GDT call runs through October 19th. Make sure you check this out!!! We would be delighted to see your entry and good luck to all!

The second thumbs up are for reading! Do you like to read? I LOVE to read. I always have at least two books and several magazines on my nightstand. And I'm also always in need of bookmarks. That is why my project I have to show today is not a card but a bookmark I made using the stamp "Warm Apple Pie".






I colored her using my Distress Inks and set some highlights with Stickles.




I distressed around the image using Tattered Rose and Vintage Photo. The swirls added to the background are stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa. The DP is from Basic Greys new Indian Summer paper pad which I also distressed using Vintage Photo. This is one of my favorite paper pads from Basic Grey right now.






The half pearls I've added on the image and to the ribbon are from Basic Greys Opaline Collection. The half-pearls, DP, Stickles, distress inks and ink pads and Memento ink I got from Roses on Paper.






On the back I stamped a swirl and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I just wanted to add some shine to the swirl.

I hope you like my little bookmark and got some inspiration. Wishing you all a wonderful day and don't forget our GuestDT call over at our combined challenge blog with Roses on Paper.


Thanks for stopping by today and any comments you may leave!

Hugs,


7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Iris, I love the way you have added the pearls to her dress and then used the same up the ribbon I would never of thought to add pearls to a ribbon like that.
    Gorgeous.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is all I can come up with. Again, WOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice bookmark. love your coloring, the ribons and all. you did a great job :) thanks for sharing ,

    hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute bookmark!! I love the warm colors that you have used and they match that image so well!! This is so pretty!!!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS is Fabulous Iris... Just LOVE your bookmark! I never thought to do a bookmark this way! LOVE IT!
    Huge HUGS
    Lynda =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super celver idea Iris! The colors and coloring are just gorgeous! Will have to make one for my mom :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, even though the links of london wedding attire is given the prime links jewellery focus, it is important to look into links of london uk issues like the choice of hair and make-up, cheap links of london shoes that compliment the attire and links london jewellery other such seemingly trivial yet very cheap watch charm important details.Things to Look Out for friendship bracelets by choosing, shoes that compliment your sweetie bracelets uk wedding attire perfectly. Make sure to not only Links london Chains focus on the look of the shoe but to also pay links london pendants attention to the material of the shoe.

    ReplyDelete