Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Waste Not Wednesday at Belles N' Whistles

Today is my turn at our Belles N' Whistles Design Team Blog to share my take on Wednesday with you. I've decided to call it Waste Not Wednesday and this is what I created with scraps sitting on my craft table:



Lately I've been making a lot of 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" cards and that leaves me with a 3" strip that is just big enough to put together a card using my scraps! I colored Tania Baking by Belles N' Whistles with copics and then cut her out with my nestabilities. I added a bit of distressed inks around the edges of the image and put a few pearls on the side. I added some stickles and some charms along the side. The paper is all scraps from my Indian Summer paper from BasicGrey that was left over from some other cards. I used some string instead of ribbon so it wouldn't overpower the card. Some pearls in the corner and a Prima flower and a hatpin finish it off. And these were all things that I had just laying around that were too big to throw away but not big enough to use on a full size card. Well, this 3" x 5 1/2" is a perfect way to use them up. And it didn't take hardly any time to put together. Wouldn't these make a cute set?



I keep saying this, but I just love her cutie little face! She looks so intense in her concentration of baking. I wish pies were my speciality! You can do so much with these images! I thought she looked so fallish and I can just imagine her baking up an apple pie from scratch. Yummy!



Don't forget to sign up for Jacque's sweet blog candy in the post below mine! Give her a warm welcome to our BnW family!

I hope you enjoy using up some of those scraps you have laying around. Remember, Waste not, want not! I'd love to see your 3" card! Show 'em to me!

Card Ingredients:

Tania Baking by Belles N' Whistles
, Indian Summer Paper by BasicGrey, Distressed Inks, Stickles, Diamond Glaze, Pearls, Prima Flowers, Spacers, Hemp cord, hatpin, copics, nestabilities

11 comments:

  1. Great post Susan! And a CUTE card! I looove the colors...mmmm! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan...she is just darling and what a nice reminder for all of us!!! Love your layout and the colors you have used are so lovely!!! Have a nice day...Hugs..Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fall colors and this image is adorable!! She does look like she is very serious about what ever she is making!! I am using her for cookies!! Love all your sparkle as well!!!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh such a yummy card Susan!! I love the fun sparkle and the colors are Fall-tastic!! :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful Susan! i love the colors... i need to learn how to use up more of my scraps! =D hugs, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore it love the colours and that image is just soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful, and a wonderful way to use those scraps! I just LOVE your title today! It's so true, we should never waste a scrap right? =)
    Love your card Susan!
    Big Hugs
    Lynda =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card! Love the idea of using your scraps - I guess we all have a bunch of these laying around. And your coloring of Tania is just perfect. Love it!
    Big hugs!
    Kathrin aka Kruemel

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea and post! Your card is so pretty Susan!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card Susan! And what a great way to use those scraps. I am also making 5 1/2 by 5 1/2 cards and know what you are talking ablout!
    Love your coloring on Tanya and that added shine and bling! Amazing!

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and what a great way to use up some scraps :)

    ReplyDelete