Monday, November 30, 2009

Merry Monday......

Good Morning!! Can you believe it is the last day of November??? Since it is the last day of November I thought it would be a good idea to make an advent calendar. This will be the first year that the girls will "get" something and I think it will add some excitement to there day! When I was little we had one where we would have to hang an ornament on the advent tree. (There were 7 of us so some of us only got to do it 3 times and we felt a little ripped off!! haha)
Plus hopefully I won't have to tell them how many more days until Christmas anymore!LOLI know in true advent style the numbers are supposed to be out of order but I just wanted to make it easier for my youngest who is counting everything!!!
I decided that 'Twas the night before Christmas.. was the perfect stamp for this as at the end that is exactly what will happen!
First I painted the calendar (which is pressed wood ~ Kaiser Crafts) and then lined it with paper. Each of the boxes is lined with paper as well. The numbers are painted with crackle paint and then I went over the edges with distress ink.
The image was colored in with Distress inks and twinkling h2o's. I also added stickles to Santa's white areas.
Now to figure out if I should put three of everything in the boxes or take turns! My hubby is a softy and thinks I should be fair and put three things in all of them but I thought they would feel more special if they had there own days! But I better figure it out before tomorrow!! haha

Don't forget to visit daily as we have created something for everyday of advent and Summer has some fabulous Advent surprises going as well!! You definitely will not want to miss it!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!!!
:Kathy

10 comments:

  1. Wow Kathy... this is spectacular!! I love everything about it!! :) Wow!! You're so talented!! Hugs and have a nice monday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. O-M-G!! What an AWESOME work of art Kathy! And whoopeee! I don't feel bad about not having made one myself now...we can use your beautiful calendar as our Advent Calendar sample...very inspiring! I love it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great advent calendar - Your girls will love it!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, this is breathtaking! Your girls so will love it and for sure it will be a real treasure to be put out every year. I totally love the vintage collage you´ve put in the middle. Oh, and since your hubby wants you to be fair - make sure to put 4 things in each drawer since you are there as well!
    Have a wonderful day and big hugs to you!
    Kathrin aka Kruemel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh wowww Kathy,what a beautiful card,i love the image and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, this is STUNNING! I want one LOLOL!! I have posted one of your gorgeous images on my FB Page (the links weren't working today for some reason :( ). This creation would be the highlight of any Christmas decor - and the joy behind any child's Christmas decoration delight!!

    Hugs!

    xx Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. All right Kathy! This is just awesome work! Love your advent calendar -the center is just BEAUTIFUL! Love it! The drawers are just cute cute cute! I can only imagine your excitement in opening the little drawers each day! Agree with Kathrin, put one for yourself too lol! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhhhhh Kathy, this is absolutely Spectacular! I am just amazed at how truly beautiful it is! What a treasure! Boy if only I could do something like that! I wouldn't even know where to begin! LOL
    Great Big Hugs
    Lynda =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful Advent Calendar. I am sure your little one will be excited all through the month to open each one. How I wish I had these stamps for my cards this year, hopefully I can obtain them and use next year. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete