Thursday, November 12, 2009

Winter Sleigh Rides.....

Good Morning!! I am so happy to be here showing you a card featuring this adorable image ~ Jingle Bells. This is another one of those images that just pulls at my heartstrings! I absolutely adore the old-fashioned feel to it and the compassion that it shows!! So sweet!How cute is that ~ that helpful little elf getting the reindeer all nourished for a long night of flying! Love the whole idea of this image!!
I have decided to go a little vintagey on this one. I have inked all the edges with vintage photo distress ink and went around the image with brushed corduroy to help to achieve the look. Bronze embellishments finish it off! I thought the sentiment Jingle all the way was appropriate as well!!

Thanks so much for stopping by to see some more Belles and Whistles creations ~ my first as a Guest DT so it is especially special and official for me!! LOL
Have a great day!!!
:)Kathy

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful Kathy! Love it and your colouring! You so Rock! Great to have you in our team! Welcome again! Kramis - Anki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woweee!!! This is just gorgeous Kathy! I love the colors and the "winter sleigh ride" sentiment! So cute cute cute! Gorgeous work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love it, this really is a fabulous card, the colours really work to give it a vintage feel.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Love this image too... Congratulations with your Guest DT. Love the colours you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This image is darling! love all the DP you used for your card!!! i'm enjoying everyone's Christmas creations... lots of awesome-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kathy!! I have never thought of usong this image in this way!! I have to pick up my jaw after this one!! Geesh.. what a lovely card!!!
    Absolutely stunning.. and BIG welcome to the family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Kathy this is soooo adorable! I love the distressed look and your coloring is fantastic!
    Great job!!!

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card. The image is adorable and coloured beautifully.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beeeautifuk card Kathy! I love how you've colored the image to TOTALLY match the paper and embellishment...AWESOME! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, I really like your card. It has such a lovely vintage feel and the soft colors on your image. Fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card Kathy!!! You´ve colored that cute image so perfectly and I totally love the soft christmas colors you´ve used on this one.
    Glad to have you in the team!
    Hugs,
    Kathrin aka Kruemel

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm never sure if I'm doing this right but I love the ideas that I see

    ReplyDelete