Saturday, December 12, 2009

Day 12 - half way done



Can you believe we are just half the way through until christmas eve? But that also means we are half the way through this fun called advent calendar... But don´t worry, there´s plenty of time left - for us to show you more holiday project and for you to win one of the amazing surprise packages Summer made for you. Just add your name to Mr. Linky to be in with a chance of winning.

Well, in our advent calendar we want to share some typical christmas traditions with you. I am from Germany and we really have a lot of those traditions - but no one for the 12th of december. So I was thinking about what to show you instead. Hmmm, after a lot of thinking I came up with this display. I have to give credit to Tanja/Stempelmagie for this one. I just changed the size and the shape of the sides to make it fit the stuff I wanted to fill in here. The template is posted in the sidebar of her blog.
And of course there´s also a story behind this one: We were invited to a friend´s wedding in summer. They did a game there and there was one persone picked for every month to do something special with the couple. Well, I was picked to do the christmas cookies with them. I have been very lucky - others had to clean their windows or mow the grass! It´s really time to start now and so I made this display to invite them to a fun afternoon full of baking.



The image I used is another one from the Christmas Collection II. It´s called "Baking With Nana" and is bringing back so many memories to me. My mom and I went totally nuts when it came to baking christmas cookies. Can you believe we made 32 different kinds of cookies in just one year?! And when I was little and didn´t want to sleep my mom took me to the kitchen late in the evening to - you guessed it - make even more cookies.



I added a tag. On its backside I printed the invitation text, date, time etc. On the rolled paper I printed some cookie recipes I plan to make and used some ribbon to connect some homemade gingerbread hearts to them. To fill the display I added some cookie cutters and silver and golden sugar pearls for cookie decoration.

Have you done all your cookies yet? If not you really should hurry to the kitchen and start right away. Maybe there are some friends you can invite - it will double the fun!
Have a wonderful saturday!

24 comments:

  1. WOW, this is such a fab idea!! What an amazing gift to give to someone special. My daughter and I have planned to make gingerbread cookies today, as her school are holding a bake sale next week to raise money for a local counselling service that counsels families who have children with terminal cancer. (Unfortunately, a little boy in my daughter's year at school has brain cancer). THanks for sharing. Hugs, Sem x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year I'm trying a new gift idea for family and friends which should help my expanding waistline - I'm making cookie dough batter, freezing it in individual balls, and packaging four types in one tin. Nothing full cooked for me to eat and my friends and family can quickly enjoy homemade goodies and the smell of cookies baking throughout their home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll probably do some baking when the kids finish school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful make, love the recipe scrolls, fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow,wie wunderschön das ist,einfach traumhaft gestalltet und ein ganz süßer Stempel!

    LG Manu! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a beautiful gift idea, I bake every week with my twin Grandsons, they just love it. In fact one of them has decided when he grows up (they are only 5yrs old) he wants to be a baker for 3 days and a fireman for 3 days and has promised to still come to me every Thurs to make his cookies or cupcakes. Bless him.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the gifts for the wedding couple is great, and you've made a lovely invite gift, i'm sure they'll enjoy baking cookies with you. We're doing something different this year by my childrens request. My 14 year old son wants to bake a victoria sponge cake, My 11 year old daughter wants to do scones and my 3 year old son wants to do gingerbread men. So plenty of baking on the horizon.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful gift idea. That image is wonderful.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    WOW, this is great and so wonderful done. Love the story and idea behind it and the all the little extras and details.
    XX Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow love your gift idea, not something I would of thought to make but I will now it's the perfect gift. As for the cookies I had to sort out all the ingredients yesterday so that my 15 year old son can start to bake ours today (he loves to cook). I am now thinking this idea of yours could be a present from him to his grandparents umm.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a clever idea!!! I love it and the way the image is colored is so pretty!! I just LOVE making cookies this time of year...but have I started?! NO!!! This sure does help with the inspiration though!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just fabulous - how I wish I was as organised (and talented as you).

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun idea. I would have never thought of this.. I really like the idea of doing a month a year for the wedding couple...Those gingerbread hearts are so sweet.. I did not do any baking this year yet...Need to get going.. Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two awesome ideas -- first for the newlywed gifts and second for this adorable invitation kit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...this is fabulous...making me hungry...so I may just bake some cookies this afternoon! lol
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A novel idea, never heard this one before. Cookies for the Couple. Love the way you presented the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Gift set!!
    Blessings
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a beautiful gift set the colors are my favorite !
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have two christmas candy's left to make so I hope there will be time for it tomorrow. And then I won't be doing anymore baking♥(this year..)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this project! I haven't even started my Christmas baking, I'm starting to panic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW Look at all those goodies!
    Fantastic job and wondeful story!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is stunning, what a gorgeous creation, so many thoughtful and beautiful items! thank you for the chance to win! hugs, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete