Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day 17 of the Advent - Gingerbread Love



I'm so excited to be bringing you another day to celebrate the Advent with us here at Belles N' Whistles! When I saw these sweet babies called Gingerbread Love, it so reminded me of the time I tried to make a gingerbread house with my nephew, Stevie. They didn't have the kits like they do now and I tried to make one from scratch and, well, let's just say that the trash can was a lot heavier because the icing ended up like cement! I much prefer these sweeties!

I thought I'd make a candy gift for a friend of mine and this is what I came up with. And I didn't bake this time! I used an old SU container and I love those Hershey's Nuggets and I wrapped them in coordinating paper around the nuggets and colored these cuties up and made a wide bank for the package. What do you think?



Can you resist their sweet faces? I sure can't! You could just eat them alive, just like the gingerbread!



Now my girls bake cookies and make peanut butter balls and have a love for baking and cooking like I never had. I so hope my granddaughters will love to bake and cook. Perhaps some of that will rub off on Nana! So tell me what's your favorite candy or snack to make for others for the holidays?

And don't forget to stop by again tomorrow for the 18th day of the Advent. I love seeing what my ever so talented design team sisters come up with! Happy Holidays from me and mine to you and yours!

Card Ingredients:

Gingerbread Love by Belles N' Whistles, Eskimo Kisses paper from BasicGrey, K&Company Christmas stack paper, Stickles, copics, Soufflet gel pen, SU empty packaging

Susan

20 comments:

  1. wow love what you did with the SU container never thought of using those thanks for the inspiration.My two daughters are 11& 12 yrs and they both take after me and love to bake yesterday they made abatch of white chocolate chip cookies have to say i had 1 and now there gone!!I myself love to make boxes of hand made sweets truffles and white choclate fudge.Love the sound of paenut butter balls would love the receipe?
    thanks for chance to win again ,love your creation.
    Merry christmas to you and yours and heres to ahappy healthy bloggin new year!!
    hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your gift idea, great way to use packaging up. My kids love to bake flapjack, it's their all time favourite.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    hmmm, this makes my mouth watery. Unfortunately we don´t have the Hershey's Nuggets here in Germany.
    The Color-Combo is really nice and the image just sooo sweet :)
    I like to give away selfmade Coffee-liqueur; selfmade marzipan-liqueur; only the selfmade marzipan and my father gets every year tons of my "Vanilla-Kipferl"... don´t know it in English. ;)
    XX Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. Love the way you decorated the SU box and the colours used, not the normal Christmas colours but a very pleasant change. Gorgeous image don't those two look like butter wouldn't melt.
    In our house the favourite treat is oat & raisin cookies although when made by ourselves ours are actually oat, raisin & sultana cookies lol.
    Have a lovely Christmas and thanks for the chance to join in again.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful gift, I love that image, too cute. As children my sister and me used to make peppermint creams, fudge and truffles and then have fun making small parcels for family. It used to be funny watching the expressions as people ate them, I am sure sometimes we popped in too much peppermint essensce LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous gift! And so beautifully coloured!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favourite goodies are mince pies - i know you can get them all through the year but i always wait -it a part of Christmas! Love the gift idea - gorgeous images, beautifully coloured :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow!! What a gorgeous container!! I love your idea and your coloring is so pretty with the sparkly sweater!! How sweet!!

    My fav of all is peanutbutter fudge!! YUMMY!! And I only make it during this Holiday time...so maybe that's why I love it so much!! LOL!! Thanks for the beautiful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great idea.. beautiful project.. i love the coloring on this.. and i love this image :) so very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I work full time, and with my daughter having a birthday mid December, I have not had the chance to find out what I like making most for people, as I always have to rush to get things done. :(
    Love the glitter on her green sweater, this is a fab image!
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't make candy or sweets. But I am making bread this year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so gorgeous! I love the colours and your gorgeous colouring! thanks for the chance to win! hugs, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous creation!!! Love the hints of sparkle and the beautiful coloring... my favorite treat to make for Christmas is chex mix.... with lots of cinnamon... yummy! hugs, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love what you did with that stamp its my fav .I make penutbutter ball with chocolate there so good .My mom showed me how to make them .Hugs Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow,ist das wieder ein zuckersüßes Motiv!
    Die beiden sehen einfach herzallerliebst aus! ;-)

    LG Manu! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea for covering the stamp set. Love that image and great colours. I like to make shortbread fingers and also fudge.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love anything peanut buttery mixed with chocolate goodness here!!!! :) Great creation, love your colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a sweet image. I love to make white chocolate covered pretzels..They are so yummy.. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. So, even though the links of london wedding attire is given the prime links jewellery focus, it is important to look into links of london uk issues like the choice of hair and make-up, cheap links of london shoes that compliment the attire and links london jewellery other such seemingly trivial yet very cheap watch charm important details.Things to Look Out for friendship bracelets by choosing, shoes that compliment your sweetie bracelets uk wedding attire perfectly. Make sure to not only Links london Chains focus on the look of the shoe but to also pay links london pendants attention to the material of the shoe.

    ReplyDelete