Saturday, December 19, 2009

Day *19* ..Gingerbread Goodness...

Good Morning! Today is my turn to open another window for the calendar! WOW only 6 more sleeps til Christmas! This went by so fast!
This is actually a gift I gave to my girls on the 12th as a halfway to Christmas gift! Being that this year they are 5, 6 and 7 I figured they were old enough to make a gingerbread house ~ what I mean is get through getting it together without eating all the candy and getting frosting everywhere but on the house! LOL I have created a tag card to go along with the cookie cutters for the walls of the house! This image ~ Gingerbread Corner ~ is so cute and perfect for the gift! I made a tag with her and I also put the recipes for the gingerbread, the "glue" for the walls and one for the frosting. (I got it all from a Martha Stewart magazine.) I went with Kraft paper and distressed it with Vintage ink so it would resemble gingerbread to go along with my theme.
This is the first year we are doing this and I think if all goes well it will be a tradition at our house! I would love to hear if any of you have special traditions that you carry on from when you were little or if you started any new ones with your little ones!

Well thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you all have a wonderful week-end!



22 comments:

  1. Love your idea and I bet the girls loved them too. we have little traditions that we do, but yours sounds great and one that your girls will be able to pass on to their children too.
    Happy crafting and Merry Christmas
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card. The colours are simply divine, so elegant.
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fantastic!!
    We have no traditions here apart from leaving santa and the reindeer something on Christmas Eve. My sons too young to understand Christmas right now, but i'd love to start some traditions when he is older.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!!! growing up, we put out milk and cookies for Santa on Christmas eve... well, up until i found out Santa was Grandpa... LOL... but now with 2 little ones of my own, i carry on that tradition... we bake up sugar cookies on Christmas eve, the girls get to decorate them and then we put some out for Santa (who is now Daddy)... 2nd most treasured tradition is making our gingerbread house... now that's loads of fun... =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just awesome. Love it.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just to pretty I love the colors and your coloring is just beautiful !
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an incredible card! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy that is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL creation! WOW amazing and stunning!!!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy~~ this is soooo pretty! Love the papers and your detailed coloring. Good luck with the girls and hope the project goes well. Thanks for sharing
    Blessings
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to break into the Christmas countdown - it can seem so long at 5,6, and 7. Love your card and the kraft colour works so well with the gingerbread theme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    I havemuch respect for your patience making a gingerbreadhouse with your kids. :-)
    I never had the nerves to do one with mine. *shame on me*...
    But our favourite tradition is baking cookies.

    Your gingerbread gift is amazing. I love the colors and all the little lovely details. Wonderful and dreamy :)
    XX Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable image, beautifully colored, and so perfect to pair it with the gingerbread recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely stunning Kathy! I bet your children were thrilled with it, we made a gingerbread house last year but it was a kit so am hoping to have a go at it from scratch this year with my little boy! Thanks for the chance to win! hugs, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is sooooo beautiful.. I LOVE EVERYTHING of this card.. the image , the colors and all.. thanks for sharing it :)) great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How gorgeous is that, I would LOVE to try and make one of those with my girls, maybe next year.Our new tradition is to always have a gift in the afternoon of Christmas Eve, always a family dvd and we all snuggle on the settee and have a family film session, normally with some Christmas sweeties too.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card Kathy,i love your image and colours.
    So gorgeous papers and details.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just amazing. I love everything about it. So very clever.
    Kylie xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another amazing creation, so beautiful.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  19. davvero bellissima... complimenti

    ReplyDelete