Wednesday, December 23, 2009

One more day and ...

Christmas Eve is tomorrow!! I can hardly wait for the festivities in our home to begin!

I have made a little booklet of sorts (don't know what to call it) and I hope you enjoy it.

Belle is going home for Christmas Eve. This image is called Christmas Door. I wanted to make a full scene so I added a few details. That's supposed to be a wooden door but I think it's more gray then white... I think I made a mistake on the floor too.... Icicle is a MS punch, glitter-ified and mounted on 3d foam. All papers are BG Fruitcake. There are glitters on the wreath, tree and poinsettia centers.

Christmas Hearth. This image is just so cute and I love how EB has captured the innocence of childhood. I wanted to make another full scene to match the front cover and have tried to make a wallpaper design. I hope you can see it. I used gold pen for the stripes and stamped long scroll images (cream ink) in between the stripes. The wreath on top of the mantle was cut out from the Christmas door image. I had an accident with the carpet. It was initially green but it looked terrible (grass?) so I cut of the whole lower portion (below the children's outlines) and covered with new paper and colored the carpet pink. Not so sure about the color combo.
Tired from all the waiting and wondering, they both fell asleep.
The wing chair looks shiny IRL because my marker acted up and started coloring shiny... don't know why it happens but I decided to color the whole chair again and liked the shiny effect.
This cute image is called Twas the Night Before Christmas.
The 2 side flaps are actually inserts and you can write on the notecards or put money (spelling corrected - Thanks Marianne!) in the flaps too. Merry Christmas sentiment was printed out from the computer. Always and Believe are stickers from the BG Fruitcake collection.
Kindly leave your name with Mr. Linky below to have a great chance of winning $25 worth of goodies. Winners are all posted on the sidebar.

I don't have a question for you, any comment would be wonderful though...
I would love to wish you all a
MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Please stop by again tomorrow for a super Surprise!!

32 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tri-fold card, stunning! Love hoe you changed the carpet on the hearth. Fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. although you have pointed out some troubles creating this booklet gave you, the results are heartwarming, your vision of telling a story with the images is amazing! this will become a keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. semplicemente favoloso... ciaoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card is soooo beautiful, i love it!
    only 1 day... :-)))

    hugs dunja

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card. On the photo the color combo looks ok, no blunders to be seen :) For a faster solution maybe next time you could try some paper piecing for the carpet? Bye, Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous keepsake, I wouldn't want to write on it as it is too beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI,
    it´s such a sweet card and I could not recognize any mistakes. Everything looks adorable!!
    XX Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing today's wonderful card plus all the orther gorgeous advent pojects :-)
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a wonderful fold out card, lovely design and fantastic choices of images.
    Happy crafting and a merry christmas
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, such a beautiful card.. Great job.. i love it ..

    Happy christmas to you all!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my this is the best yet - I love it.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas.

    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely stunning. I think you mean money, not miney, lol! Merry Christmas Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lilian this is a stunning project, thankyou so much for sahring it with us, off to visit your blog now to see if I can get a closer look!!

    *Hugs*

    Nikki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lillian that is an amazing creation! WOW what a beauty...I absolutely LOVE how you have created scene with all of those stamps...STUNNING work hun!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, such an amazing card, gorgeous work I love the little story the stamps tell as you open up the card and the pull out cards are brilliant! Merry Christmas, hugs, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Delightful trifold card. Love it. Merry Christmas
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Your booklet is beautiful. Your detail is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love you card. What a great idea. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful work yet again, I am so enjoying following your inspiring blog, your creations are just gorgeous. A very Merry Christmas to you too, I hope you get some wonderful gifts..xx Anita xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is fantastic! I love it! Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beautiful. I love the way you created the flooring on both images.. It is perfectly done.. What great pull outs too.. Nice job.. I am wishing I was going to be with my family this Christmas but they will be near in my heart. Thanks so much for bringing us the 25 days of Christmas. I have really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness! I don't know what is cuter the inside stamp or the outside stamp.
    I just love this card. So much fantastic detail.
    I've been seeing Advent calendars everywhere this year and you've inspired me to start a little collection!
    I'm having such a blast visiting you through this holiday season.
    Thanks for spreading your joy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope it linked...I had to try a few times. I'm not the most computer savvy person. LOL. Anyway, your coloring is so phenomenal. In fact, it's rather intimidating!!! These stamps are the cutest thing ever and your card is just fabulous. There's so much detail and eye candy! Thanks for sharing! - Gina L (siameseplease on scrapbook.com)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful job! Wishing you a Merry Christmas to all !

    ReplyDelete