Friday, December 18, 2009

One Week to Go! Advent Day 18...

My, my...time sure is flying by! I hope that in all of the busy-ness, you are all enjoying the season! Such a wonderful time of year! A quick post this morning to share with you a beautiful gift tag and a nice little gift idea, perhaps for next year (file this one away somewhere!).

I used to looove making scented gifts before my little one came along--somehow, I had more time then, LOL! Amoung my favorite to make were scented candles, cold-processed soaps and gifts incorporating potpourri. I shared one of these gift ideas with you earlier, on the first day of Advent--a lighted potpourri jar(block). This one's another, easy-schmeezy one.

Lavender Dryer Bags

All you need are a couple of things: some dried lavender buds and a few sealable Tea Bags! I've a muslin bag with drawstring in the photo as well...for use with the completed dryer bags.

All you do is open the side of your heat-sealable teabag and fill with a scoop of lavender buds--about a quarter cup per bag. My teabags are large, about 4" x 5" in size.

Pinch the sides of the bag together and seal shut with a hot iron.

Stack a bundle of three dryer bags and band them together with some nice paper, rafia or ribbon. I decorated mine with a sparkley lavender ribbon and Ice stickles to match the lovely gift tag that was made for me. The muslin bag is included with these directions: Place one Lavender Dryer Bag in the muslin bag, draw strings together and toss into the dryer with your clothing. Leaves linens and laundry with the fresh scent of lavender! Other uses for a Lavender Dryer Bag would be in clothing drawers or closets or in the car to freshen the air.

While I hurriedly put together and photographed my lavender bags for this post, my mother was gracious enough to help me make a Belles 'n Whistles gift tag to go along with my gift idea. I told her what I was making, gave her the stamped image, and away to work she went...thanks Mom! =)

Using the image The Christmas Door, she created a beautiful tag to go along nicely with my lavender theme. I can actually pictureit now, a lavender Christmas, LOL! The tag was colored by Mom with Copics and Ice Stickles were used as embellishment.


I thought it looked perfect on this little gift basket of Chocolates and Coffee, accompanied by my Lavender Dryer bags too! It'll make a nice gift for a friend, a neighbor or perhaps my child's teacher!

Do sign-up for your chance at winning one of the Advent Goody Bags worth over $25.00! For this post only, I will also include some tea bags, muslin bags and some lavender buds so you can make your own Lavender Dryer Bags! ;D

Have a wonderful Friday!

Summer =)


25 comments:

  1. Wooo, thank you for picking me yesterday :)!

    I love gift baskets, I did them last year for xmas but I got so stressed with finding bits to add to the baskets! I have decided to keep it simple this year, truffles, brownies in a jar and personalised candles!
    The lavender gift basket is fantastic, the dryer bags look so easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH wow This is just what I need to cheer me up! thank you for a chance of winning such a heart warming prize hope your having a great Advent
    Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful gift idea, fab colouring on the tag too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! that is a great gift set for someone!! Love the lavendar dryer bag idea! must smell so sweet! Thanks for sharinf another great gift idea! hugs, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. das ist eine tolle idee und sieht toll aus und riecht fantatstisch
    lg gila

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely gift idea!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea! Gorgeous gift altogether with the tag. Thanks for the chance to win! hugs, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a lovely present idea. Will store this for next year. Thank you.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful gift idea, and beautifully presented.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet this smells so good..Yummy..I love the idea of lavendar.. I will have to try this out.. I have never seen tea bags like that.. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a beautiful gift basket, perfect fillings too. Love how you made those bags, I have never seen anything like the muslin bags so will have to look out for them as I think this could be moulded to a person's taste.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow such a great idea.. love this project!! beautiful job!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful gift set ! Thanks for the tip on how to do them.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Summer, this is just adorable! Love the whole basket but especially that cute tag and the way you made the colors match the content of the basket.
    Will have to see if we have those seelable tea bags here as well - they are perfect!
    Big hugs,
    Kathrin aka Kruemel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yummmy!! I love the smell of lavender!! What a gorgeous bag and such a darling tag that image makes!! Thanks for the beautiful idea!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great gift idea, and I too love the smell of lavender! Gorgeous gift basket you've made, and such a pretty tag to go along with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How awesome is your tutorial!!! I want to sooo try this. I LOVE lavender, I have a heat wrap that I heat up everynight and lie down and fall asleep with, it really helps with my migraines. So this dryer thingy I will have to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a neat little gift basket. I love this idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely gift sets. Love fragrant goodies to have around the house!! Even better is the chance to possibly win this cute gift basket :-)
    Thanks and blessings
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful gift set -- I love lavender!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have some fantastic ideas, what lovely gifts.I love the gift basket.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I can smell it from here! So fantastic and such a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How beautiful. Lavendar is my favorite scent!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great gift idea!! Now, if your mother would only make my tags too - she did an excellent job!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete