Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sankta Lucia

Today we celebrate Lucia all over Sweden. It's a very old tradition and if you want to read all the details - check it out here. Also - each city elects there very own Lucia every year - so for some girls - it's a dream that comes true..

We are going to my parents this morning with some Lucia buns and Ginger bread cookies. Isac and his cousins Rebecka, Victoria and Julia are going to sing some songs for them and bring them the cakes. Isac was dressed as Santa when they had the Lucia event at the kindergarten (Friday). Here you have some pics of him from his very first Lucia event - 2007, then he was a Gingerbread boy in 2008 and this year he wanted to be Santa.
Well - that's why I thought of Lucia when I saw this cute image - Star of Bethlehem.


I coloured them with my copics and used my Basic Grey DPs of course. Went for a clean layout and added Country Elegance Flowers and some extra bling! The white birds in the left corner is a rub-on that I've received.

Well - I guess you want the chance to win some more Advent candy - so please leave your name and link with Mr Linky below. Summer will pick the lucky winner and it might be your name posted on the sidebar tomorrow. Good luck!


Kram - Anki

21 comments:

  1. Good morning,
    two years ago my little son´s school showed different christmastraditions from other countries. My sons class were showing the lucia event and they made it beautiful. Now I can relate to it. :)
    Have a very nice day!
    XX Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how beautiful and what an amazing tradition. Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card. It is a lovely tradition you have on the lead up to Christmas. Fabulous photo's
    I love this image.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isac is sooo cute!!!! What a lovely tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful tradition and oh what a handsome young son you have, he will have all the young ladies after him as he gets older lol. As for your card that too is beautiful and I have to say this image is my all time favourite.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card,reminds me of my two, although my little one would be wanting to put the star on too.
    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anki what an adorable card hun! You did a beautiful job and your little guy is ADORABLE! Thanks so much for sharing the fun pictures of him! :) Happy Lucia to you!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card! Love the white night gowns and the pretty papers, beautifully done! Adorable kid pics too. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card and such cute pictures!!! I had a book when I was little about Christmas traditions all over the world and I remember reading about Lucia. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card and thanks so much for a little history of your traditions. Love the pictures TFS
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card, and such adorable pictures! Love the Gingerbread costume with that big smile, can't help but smile along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anki: Your card is beautiful. Thank you for sharing about Sankta Lucia. Isac is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card and adorable photos of the day's celebrants!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isac is so cute! Great card with lovely colours.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ekkK! thanks for the chance of winning your candy! Beautiful card and fab pictures of your son too! hugs Samantha :)

    *(((This message below is attached to all comments i will be leaving in December...
    Please join the Appeal and PLEASE! Turn off word verification!))))*

    ReplyDelete
  17. how sweet are these littlins.... they look soo happy... and sooo cute... great card also...
    kaz_za

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those kids look adorable ;) and i am happy to learn about your tradition. :)) It is always fun to find out what other country's do.. ( that we dont do) ;) interesting !! :)
    Love your card.. anit those BG paper's just awsome.. These are my favorite papers for christmas this year..

    Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Could they be cuter! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card...and those mince pies looks delicious!
    I don't have kids, but I do bake with my Mum and Nan at Christmas time.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete