Friday, January 22, 2010

Baking with Nana

I have used this sweet image called Baking with Nana from the Christmas Collection II. Colored with Copics. For the little girl's apron I used red and green Spica pen to draw the cherries for a little shine.
No sponging anywhere as I wanted a real clean look for this card. :) Hand stitched the edges with white thread all the way on the inside flap. Gingham paper is from a DCWV stack called Kitchen. Sentiment and heart is from a CHF set.
For the inside of the card, I had to make the stitches go all the way through the inner flap to save me stitching time lol! The small panel is left blank as I don't know what stamp sentiment to put there yet. I made the gingham dp longer on the inner flap so I can fold the edge to the next panel. I used a scallop border punch on the edge. For the note writing area, I again used the same MS lace punch on the bottom so it'll be a bit pretty when you open the card.
Thanks for stopping by and for any comments you may leave!
There are still a few Seasonal stamps left on sale and you might want to check them out. :)
Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful. I love the stitching and as always, I love how you colored this image. - Gina L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waw so gorgeous card and image is wonderful, it remainds me of my Nana and me when we were baking! Hugs,Moni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lils this is GORGEOUS!!!!! Love the colors and do I have to mention your stunning coloring?
    I was so torn if I should get this punch or not, now that I see it "live" on your card I know I need to have it...lol Beautiful!

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete