Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Beary Big Hugs

Who can resist a teddy bear? Not I nor any little girl that I know! Beary Big Hugs is one of the new releases from the Sweet Things Collection from Belles N' Whistles illustrated by the talented Elisabeth Bell. I think they're such an adorable and versatile collection!



I colored her with copics and used some Diamond Glaze on her headband and ribbon. I fell in love with the gorgeous colors from the Honey Pie collection from Cosmo Cricket and thought they went perfectly with this sweet, soft image. I added a bit of dimension to the paper by using my textured cuttlebug folder. I tried to keep her simple and just added a hatpin, some ribbon, and Prima Flowers to the corner.



These faces are just pure joy and loved, don't you think? I know this is a bit of a change for me but I did hold back on the Stickles for this sweetie. Just a little on her top and the bear's sweet feet!



My favorite stuffed animal when I was growing up was my yellow tiger striped cat named Jenny. I still have her and she's here in Florida with me in my hope chest. I'd love to hear about what your favorite stuffed animal was while you were growing up! Let's revisit our childhood for just a bit. I hope it gives you the warm feeling that I have. If not, please take some of mine. We had a lot of love to go around.

Card Ingredients:

Beary Big Hugs by Belles N' Whistles, Honey Pie Paper Stack by Cosmo Cricket, Bling by BasicGrey, Stickles, Prima Flowers, ribbon, hatpin, Cuttlebug textured folder, corner rounder

9 comments:

  1. This is such a precious card--love this adorable image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card what a cute new image

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute Susan and also one of my fav images! My favorite stuffed animal when I was a child was a little cow. I grabbed her around her neck and carried her with me everywhere. And because of that her head fell of quite a few times. My mom had to sew it on every time because I would not stop crying unless my little cow was with head again ;-)

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh love the glitter and the colors chosen. I can feel the hug.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Susan,i love your image and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous card, and so love cute image. I love teddy bears! Hugs,moni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is so lovely and gorgeous! I absolutely LOVE it! Growing up, I did have a white teddy bear that I kept throughout the years on my bed. And as far as I know, I think it's still on my bed in my old bedroom in my parents house! LOL!
    Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this image a lot--and really like the colors you've used. This card is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Wow, I absolutely love this image and you colored it to perfection.

    ReplyDelete