Thursday, January 14, 2010

Celebrating - Belles 'n Whistles Style


I couldn't resist giving this post THAT title.
Because I was bound and determined to make
something party"ish"

My original plan for today flew right out the window,
and do you know why?
Because I couldn't find the exact little balloon bouquet
that I was looking for.

So I decided that I would try something, and my first
attempt was ummmm....eh...so so....
Nothing spectacular....
Needless to say I was DEFINITELY NOT going to use
that to show you today.
but hey, why not show you what I didn't want to use?

You see, originally my plan was to use this cluster of
balloons card along with a bouquet of balloons.
The way I had envisioned it would have been nice for sure.
But since that plan was a flop I went to "plan B"

So I decided to take my little balloon idea
into another direction.

I made an a standard card, but what makes this card
a little bit different, is that each one of these images
(this months entire release)
Was scanned and altered so they would fit inside a balloon.
Yes - Yes, this was going to be great!

I did all of the layout on my computer,
making it like one big digi stamp!
Click Print and away we go!

My printer ink sometimes likes to smudge while coloring
with Copics, especially when I use light colors.
So to solve that problem, I sprayed just a tiny mist of
hairspray in the air and then waved the paper through it. 
It was just enough to set the ink.

Now I was ready to color - and color I did!
This was the result.

When I was all done coloring, I added some clear glitter gel
to give the balloons a shimmery look.
Then some silver string, a couple of pieces of sheer ribbon,
and last but not least some half pearls.

I have to say that it came out even better than I thought it would.
Do you know what the best part about this card is?
That I didn't have to decide which image I would use,
because I love each and every one of them.
So I completely eliminated the decision making process.

Have you been uploading your creations to the
Belles 'n Whistles photo gallery?
We'd love to see what you create. 
You never know when you'll be in the spot light!

Have a Happy Day!


15 comments:

  1. oh, great work. I love the balloon images!! Your coloring is amazing. :) Thanks for the inspiration.

    xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work and awesonme idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! This is FANTASTIC!!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab ideas and execution of both thanks Julye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful card! Celebratory and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful Lynda.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is great!!! You have made such a fantastic, creative card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Lynda, stunning in fact! I too have the same problem and use the hairspray, works a treat for sure. Love how you have inserted the images into the balloons, it is great fun playing away on puter like this and what an awe inspiring creation to drool over. Can´t wait for my order to arrive.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliany idea, I actually love both ideas, I think the way you stamped on the balloons is perfect and then those balloon images are a definite wow factor.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fabulous creation and an ingenious idea! I'm lovin' all the new designs.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an incredible idea! The card you created is really wonderful! I love all the stamps you were able to put on that card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, how beautiful. What a great idea. I will have to use the balloon idea for my daughter's birthday parties.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning card, so love all image! Hugs, Moni

    ReplyDelete
  14. STUNNING! What a clever way to showcase this really cute series of rubber stamps.

    ReplyDelete