Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Basket Full Of Sweets - Mini Paper Basket Tutorial


 

Hello everyone!  Today I like to show you a little paper gift basket I made. This is a real quick project and ideal for giving some sweets maybe at Valentines or together with another gift for a birthday or the like. Those baskets are not only for Easter where they are typically used I guess. I find them quite versatile. I filled mine with some small, single wrapped chocolate bars and it's going to be part of a birthday gift set. I chose the image Cupcake from our latest Belles 'n Whistles collection Sweet Things. I just loooove this image and think she is just perfect for my little sweet basket, don't you think so? For the colors I chose green, brown and yellow because I like to use some of the DP's from Basic Greys Orogins collection for my card and gift wrapping later on. So my little basket will fit perfectly then.


  


 Here's a close up of the image. I colored her with my Copics.
  


 And here you can see I decorated the handle with some rhinestones.
 


I decorated the back side with a punched out heart.

I made a little tutorial for you on how to make these cute baskets. I thought maybe you'd like to know and you'll see they are really quick & easy to make.


Mini Paper Basket Tutorial

First cut 3 pieces of cardstock (different colors if you like) in following sizes:
1 square: 5.5 inch x 5.5 inch, 1strip: 1 inch x 8 inch, 1strip 1/2 inch x 8 inch
(picture below)
  


Next score the square on all four sides at 1 3/4 inches


 You can now round the corners using a corner rounder punch, if desired. Fold at the score lines.
Using scissors cut along the score lines of one side (but not all the way through
- see next two pictures) and repeat on opposite side.
  


  


Apply double sided tape or adhesive according to the picture.
  


 Push the middle flap back and overlap the outside flaps in a V-shape, adhere.
Do the same on the other side.
 

 

 You are almost done assembling your basket...I told you it's fast and easy ;-)
Your basket should now look like this:


Now on to the handle. Adhere the two strips on top of each other.
 

 Apply double sided tape or adhesive on both ends of the strip and attach to the inside of the basket.
  

 And 'Voila' your mini-basket is done! Now it's ready to be decorated, get creative!
 



I hope you liked my little tutorial and maybe you like to give it a try as well.
 
And don't forget to show us your Belles 'n Whistles creations by uploding your pictures into our gallery. We would love to see what you've created and you never know maybe you are next to be in the spotlight right here on our Belles'n Whistles blog!

Thanks for visiting us today!

Hugs,


24 comments:

  1. Such a sweet little basket. Thanks a lot for the great tutorial.
    Hugs Sinikka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this lovely tutorial.
    It's really great idea for Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank´s so much for the tutorial!
    This is so beuatiful...
    hugs line

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the basket and thanks for the great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is fabulous, love your finished basket! Going to have to give this a try I think!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so sweet. Will have to try this one!

    Kylie ox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats a lovely basket and the tutorial looks so easy to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this project Iris! Thanks for sharing, I can definately see cadburys creme eggs in mine!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tutorial it looks so easy thanks for sharing Julye

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! Love the colours you have used! Thank you for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow this is stunning Iris, I must have a go at this fantastic tutorial
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh wowww Iris,what beautiful.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely basket. Ove the rhinestones x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Iris, your basket is just awesome!! :) I haven't made one of these baskets in years!! Thanks for the reminder and pairing it with something soooo gorgeous!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  15. As soon as I saw your tutorial I had to have a go and make a basket. My boys are off school ill at the moment so this was a quick attempt to see if I could put one together, it needs more work! If you'd like to have a look it's here. Thank you so much for the inspiration xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic tutorial - will be great for yummy choccy easter eggs - think I'll make myself one lol!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your basket!! Hopefully I will have time to tackle it soon, I'd love to try to make one! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooooh! This is so precious and sweet!! I love it! I'm gonna try to make one and cross my fingers that mines don't fall apart! LOL! I LOOOOVE yours ... sooo pretty! Thank you so much for the lovely tutorial!
    Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful basket, I love it very much! Thank you for the turorial.
    Hugs Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is gorgeous! Awesome tutorial!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thankyou for a fab tutorial, would love to make one of these, so many occassions coming up, it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cute little basket! ♥
    Thanks for the tutorial!

    Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Get Well Gift Baskets are the best way to show that you care and wishing Get Well to some one recovering. If a family member, friend, a client or business associate is recuperating there is no better way to wish them. Visit here: http://giftswish.com/gift-baskets-get-well-gift-baskets.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much for this tutorial! I have linked to it twice now, and showed a few friends how to make these little baskets too. Will probably be making about 150 tiny ones for wedding favors in a few months. Appreciate it!

    Dina - mamadinis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete