Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Teddy Bear Picinc



I needed a bit of summertime in my life and thought I'd reach back and show my sweet Belle having a picnic with her favorite treasures!

Sketch Saturday is one of my favorite sketch challenges to follow so I one of their sketches. I thought this image was perfect, Teddy Bear's Picnic, from the Belles N' Whistles Stamps created by the ubber talented Elisabeth Bell. There's just something so enchanting and magical about sitting on a blanket with your favorite things and enjoying the day. I can't remember how many times I did that with my stuffed animals and dolls. My imagination ran rampid with what I was feeding them. Grapes, peanut butter sandwiches and there was always Cherry Kool-Ade. Nothing refreshes me or takes me back to my sweet childhood like a good swig of Cherry Kool-ade!

This sweetie is colored with copics and highlighted with Stickles and a glitter pen. The Prima flowers are highlighted with, well, Stickles, and I used the small brads from the Junebug line from BasicGrey. Love this line so much that I used the papers for it as well! The sentiment is from the Showtime set from The Greeting Farm. I added a bit or rick-rack and a couple of pearls in the corners and just love her.



I wanted to show off my Cherry Kool-ade! I colored the liquid in R29 and added some Glossy Accents to it. Love the glassy look it gives the glasses!



Is there nothing more precious than a little girl feeding her animals? And don't they just look so hungry? Takes me back to so many picnics I used to have with my stuffed animals and dolls. I just love the innocence and purity of this image!

I hope all of you get the chance to spend a little bit of time with your favorite things. Just remember what it was like to have that wonder and innocence of a child in you and revisit that place and time. It's wonderful to honor those special times. So go have a picnic!

Card Ingredients:

Teddy Bear Picnic by Belles N' Whistles, Sentiment by The Greeting Farm, Prima flowers, Junebug paper and brads by BasicGrey, Stickles, atYou Spica Glitter Pen, Glossy Accents, copics, EK Success corner punch, SU border punch, SU Scallop Punch, Paper Maker circular punch, ribbon from stash

7 comments:

  1. Oh its gorjuss! Just wish it was summer now, could really do a nice pinic hee! The colours are just stunning and all come popping out xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Anki,i love your image and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you've coloured in the glasses. Fabulous attention to detail. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable! Love all of the details you gave to the image with stickles and glossy accents. - Gina L

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow a very sweet card I love this stamp, this evening i made a card wiyh the same stamp
    hugs Lia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous stamp, a lovely card, x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card made with a gorgeous stamp xx

    ReplyDelete