Wednesday, February 10, 2010

waiting for post wednesday



Happy wednesday! Are you ready for some post?
Today I am going to show you this mailbox I altered. It is one of those metal mailbox tins you can get at Target. A friend of mine sent me this one year ago and I was waiting for the perfect moment to use it. Since my daughters love to exchange little notes with their friends and created special little boxes to save them in I got the idea for this project from them.
I was looking through the "older" collections and decided to go with this little cutie from the very first Belles´n´Whistles collection: Belle Sitting with Teddy. She´s just so perfect for this project: it seems like she is sitting there, patiently waiting for some mail to arrive, having her little teddy with her to have someone to talk to during waiting.

I tried to match the lace that I put at the end of the box with the lace on her shirt. I also put the image on top of the little metall thing that is added to the box to stop the wiper if there isn´t any mail. So I was able to cover it - but also add some depth to the project and it looks a bit like she is sitting in front of the mailbox.



I have more pictures where you can also see the front and description on how I made this project posted on my blog. If you are interested - you´re invited to visit me here.

13 comments:

  1. Wow, this project is so wonderful and very lovely!
    Hugs Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! How fantastic!! It is so so nice and detailed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh wowww What beautiful,i love your image and papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yowee Kathrin! This is truly amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work. I love it.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is totally adoreable!Love the colour's too and ofcourse that super cute image :)
    hugs amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really loving seeing these mail boxes and this one is no exception, it is totally gorgeous.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! This is absolutely gorgeous! What beautiful work on this! Wow ... i am so loving this! :) FABULOUS! Thank you for showing this art!
    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, what a super mailbox.
    Such a cute image and nice colours.
    Sinikka :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh Kathrin~~this is fabulous!! Soooo dainty and sweet. Lovely lace and beautiful colors!!
    Blessings
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous mailbox!! LOVE this so much!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow wow wow Kathrin!!!! I'm totally in LOVE with your mailbox. This is so stunning!

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete