Friday, February 5, 2010

Wrap Around A Cup - Gift Wrap



Happy Friday Everyone! I'm back today with another gift idea, part 2 of my gift set. :-) I showed you the little paper basket on Wednesday and that was part 1 (actually the whole set consists of 4 parts). This time I made a wrapper for a mug. I used the same colors as I did for my basket so everything will fit nicely together. The DP I used is from the new Basic Grey collection Origins. The image is colored with the same colors but instead of the Cupcake image I used another cutie from the new Sweet Things collection: Beary Big Hugs.


I thought making a wrapper is a nice idea and something different than putting the mug in a box and decorate the box or alter the box the mug was sold in. And let me tell you, it is pretty quick as well ;-).

I decorated the top with Prima flowers, rhinestones, half-pearls


and added a large bow and some smaller strands of ribbon.


The image was put on the front and I trimmed it as well with a matching little Prima flower, matching ribbon and rhinestones. And to have a connection to the decoration on the top I let the rhinestone swirls coming from the top, continue on the front.

I hope you like my mug wrapper as well. I'll show you the rest of the set next week.
For now have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by here today!

Hugs,

***Sorry to bombard your post Iris (which is an absolutely STUNNING one, BTW!)...I forgot to announce the randomly selected winner from Monday's post! Vicki (basement stamper)...you've been selected! Please email me with your choice of stamp and your mailing address...I'll get it out to you soon!
........ ........ ........ ........
And a GREAT BIG THANK YOU for all of the wonderful birthday wishes eveyone! The day was indeed a very nice one! MWAH to you all! Summer =)***

13 comments:

  1. oh wow Iris this is stunning and such a great idea...beautiful
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like your mug wrapper, I love it! What a great idea en you used a beautiful DP
    Hugs Carin

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that is so beautiful :)

    Congrats Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is absolutely beautiful. Love all the detail in it. The image is coloured beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just about to comment on how gorgeous your wrapping was and scrolling down...saw my name!! WOOHOO!!! I'm still (basement stamper), but decided to change it say *Vicki* because it's shorter!! LOL!! I'm so excited!!

    Thanks for sharing your beautiful talent with these darn cute images!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iris this is stunning. I love it.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful project, really super!
    Hugs Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful wrapper I would never of thought of making something like this.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Iris, wow this is simply a wonderful project, i just love it, can't wait to see the other projects you have to show us!! hope you are having a good weekend, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Iris,
    I did indeed like you basket. It reminded me that I had made those before and should think about making those for a class in March, with my blown out and stamped eggs! This is so cool but you must be so careful working on the delicate eggs. Getting off track. Absolutely love your mub wrap. I cannot wait to see what the other 2 items in your wrapping set are, very Lovely work.

    Summer you have a fabulous DT and I love cheking out your blog each day as I sip my morning tea. You are 1 of the 7 blogs I view each morning. I had to limit my viewing so I can get my day started and get my own designing completed, etc. Thank you being such a awesome site and store.

    Hugs
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fabulous idea and beautifully executed. I am loving the colours you have used and all of those flowers and the ribbon. The image you have chosen is perfect too! Brilliant! Warmest wishes, Lesley

    ReplyDelete