Friday, April 23, 2010

Free Style Friday

Greetings all!!!
Where has this month gone? 
I feel like I've been absent,
or shall I say Absent Minded! ha ha
I decided that I would do a little Free Style crafting
for my post today. 
So that is why I called today's post
"Freestyle Friday" 

I feel like my mind has been in such a fog, with things being
so busy at work, and me coming home completely
exhausted lately. I really had NO IDEA what type
of project or card that I wanted to create for my post today.
So I simply grabbed one of the stamps from
the newest release and stamped her....
STILL
not having any idea what I was going to do. 
I then picked one single paper, and colored Belle to match. 
AND STILL
having no idea what I wanted to do with her.   
So there I sat... with the colored image laying on a
fresh piece of DP, and looking at her asking myself
"On What, will she look best?"
  ha ha

Suddenly it hit me like a ton of bricks,
and my mind went racing.... 

Once upon a time, I sold Mary Kay Cosmetics. 
Yes it's true. 
I still have some inventory that I use for different gifts etc. 
One of them being this awesome Mary Kay Sun Care Collection. 
I believe that if we all want to have the
same gorgeous skin that Belle has,
we better take care of our skin in the hot summer sun, right?

So I created a gift tag to go along with this sun care set. 
It's a BIG tag, but I really wanted this Bronzing Beauty to
be the center of attention!  Sure it's nice to have the gift set,
but Mary Kay would roll over in her grave if she knew that
I cared MORE about Sweet Belle, than I did about the sun care set. 
(Oh noooooo I did not just say that, did I?) ha ha

Okay enough of my chatter,
I think it's time to just show you what I made.

Of course I took a picture a little closer of just the tag,
after all, this is the most important part of the gift, right?

 

With Mothers Day fast approaching,
and the fact that my own mother is moving to Arizona
in a couple of weeks, I have decided that I will give this to her. 
I think she's going to need it more than I would. =)

I colored Belle with Copics, and made sure to make her
a little blond girl, since my mother had
4 little blond girls at one time.  We aren't so little anymore.
Okay, so I added a torn piece of glittered
brown paper from DCWV for the "Sand" effect.
The sentiment is from Stampin' Up, and the flowers from Prima.
Every mom deserves some pearls, so I added some of those too!
I think she's going to LOVE it!

So you see,
the possibilities with these awesome summer stamps are
ENDLESS!

I hope you have enjoyed my random... Freestyle Craft that I've
made especially for today!

I'm ever so thankful it's Friday, I will finally get a little bit of rest
on the weekend, and have some more time for crafting!

Wishing you all a Fabulous weekend too!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Lynda! Your posts always plant such a giggly smile on my face! You are such a joy to read ... maybe you should do a book too?! LOL ... I know I'd buy it in a heartbeat! Well, I love your gorgeous tag to match that awesome gift! It's completely perfect together! Those colors on there are just SPECTACULAR and all those pearls?! Oh my ... loooove it! Wonderful wonderful wonderful!
    hugs,
    elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is cute! And you could become a journalist) with such a talent of writing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Lynda it is always such a pleasure to read your posts!! And your freestyle project is awesome!! Your Mom's gonna LOVE it!

    Enjoy your weekend!!!

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gift - and yes I agree the tag is the best part :) Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete