Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hitting the Beach with Belle

Good Morning - Good Morning - Good Morning!  I'm so glad that you stopped in today!  Although with all the amazing work I've been seeing posted here lately, I'm thinking I should just tuck my card away for a rainy day!  ha ha

No seriously though, haven't these girls been showing some awesome stuff lately?  How about that shaker card tutorial yesterday?  I know I can't wait to find those pre-made things and try it myself!   The regular school year is coming to an end for me, and I'm definitely hoping for a little bit more time for crafting.  If anyone knows where my mojo has gone, please send it home to me!  ha ha

Alright, I guess if I must, I'll show you my simple card, I used "Tube Wear" for my beach style card.  I wanted to try to make her appear to be wading into a lake or something, so I drew my own water, and then masked it so her feet didn't show.  I wonder how deep she'll go out before she gets nervous.  ha ha... She does look quite cautious doesn't she?  But regardless how cautious she is, she sure is a cutie!

Anyway,  I thought this would be a great summer card to give to my friend who LOVES to go hang out at the beach! 

I colored this sweetie with my copics, and then of course used some sizzix dies for the flourishes.  The flowers are from Prima, and the papers from Martha Stewart.  For some odd reason the photo of this card does not show up the soft blue chalks that I used for the sky behind her. 

I just love this little cutie patootie, don't you?

Thanks again for stopping by, I hope to see you all taking part in this weeks fabulous challenge.  A link above this post will take you directly to this weeks challenge.  =) 

Have a WONDERFUL Day!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lynda!! This is so sweet! I love the cheery colors.:) Sending you hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Lynda, I think the wide lace looks like the foam on top of waves. I love the way you have masked this little cutie to put her in the sea. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the summery colours and the lace that matches the foam on the waves. I think all these summer fun images are just delightful.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete