Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tutorial Tuesday

 
Hello Everyone and Thanks for stopping by here today! I like to welcome you to a mini-tutorial for making a shaker card with ready to use acetate pouches. I love shaker cards and with the new shaker pouches you can buy now they are really very quick and easy to make (I think they are available from more companies, mine are from Impression Obsession). I decided to make a card with a clean and simple layout so that the 'shaker' really stands out. For my image I choose 'Tube Wear' from the Spring, Clean and Summertime Collection to make a nice summer themed card. Fitting for the soring hot temperatures we are having down here right now....phew!




I went for an oval pouch for my card. Color your image and cut it out slightly larger than your chosen pouch. Then cut a frame to fit over your pouch and cut out image. I used Spellbinders to make my die cuts.



Next choose what embellies you would like to fill in the shaker. I got some rhinestones in blue and clear, matching my coloring and a glittery flower which looks almost like a starfish ;-) I prefer filling my shakers with dew drops, rhinestones, pearls, buttons etc. Not so much which glitter as it always sticks to the actetate. Even if I try to make it 'anti-cling' by washing it with soapy water or using little bit of talcum. I also tried to rub it with an anti-static cloth. All that doesn't work too good.  



Now place as many of your filling as you like on your image. But don't over fill it as you like the embellishments to flow freely and you don't want to cover the whole image. Also make sure that nothing is too big and can move easily inside the shaker pouch.



Remove the protective foil from the underside of the rim of the pouch to reveal the glue. Place the shaker exactly where you want it to be on your image.



You can see I put mine not exactly in the middle as my image is slightly larger than my pouch. I adjusted it a bit so most of my image can be seen through the shaker. Don't worry you can trim off any excess of the white paper after layering your frame over it so it doesn't show through.




Put some mini glue dots on the backside of your frame ...



.... and place it over your shaker pouch. Press firmly to adhere and voila you are done!



That was pretty quick and easy, wasn't it? Now your shaker is ready to be adhered to your card!


Please let me know if you liked my little tutorial and please don't forget to upload your Belles 'n Whistles creations into our gallery so that we all can see the wonderful work you do with the Belles 'n Whistles beauties!

Oh and while you are still here, did you know that we are having weekly challenges now here on our blog? A new challenge just started yesterday... Punches and Ribbon hosted by the talented Andrea. To enter and for all the inforamtion on the challenge click here. Come and join us, will ya?!

Hugs,





6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, lovely image and perfect colours for it and a easy tutorial to follow too. Thanks for sharing.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iris! This is awesome. I am going to have to try it. :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, and such a clear and simple tutorial. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is completely amazing, and wow those blues, I love the colors you used! Fantastic Tutorial too! Now, I have to go and find those shaker card thingys. LOL
    Hugs,
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iris,
    Thanks so much for this great tutorial. I am going to get some of those shaker covers right away. Years ago we used to use the same principle using plastic bags. Can you imagine the mess! I love your work!
    Jerri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is Awesome, Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete