Saturday, September 25, 2010

A taste of Autumn...and Christmas!

Hello Blogging Buddies,
Has everyone (except Elise in Las Vegas) gotten a taste of Autumn yet?
We have had some refreshing temperatutes here in the south central plains,
the humidity has dropped, if only for a moment,
and the brisk breeze is beginning to bring the leaves off of trees.
This is my favourite time of year; mild temperatures, lots of harvest bounty to bake with, beautiful wildflowers abound, and time to get on that seasonal crafting!!

And just in the knick of Holiday crafting time, Belles 'n Whistles has converted some of last years seasonal favourites into wonderful, clear photopolymer and I couldn't wait to get my inky little fingers on them!! This image is called Rockin' Around and you can find it HERE.


I just adore Elisabeth Bells sweet little images!! She includes such charming details in her images, like Belle on her rocking horse, with her little bare foot sticking out from behind the pony, in real life, I don't know that I could resist giving those feet a tickle!! And her teddy has joined her for the ride, now what could be cuter??? When I was a little girl, I dreamed of waking up to finding a rocking horse under the Christmas tree!! This, I suppose, is what it might look like at the lucky little ladies house who DOES get that rocking horse for Christmas, lol!!


I have stamped the image 4 times and decoupaged it, adhering the images to each other with foam dots and colouring with distress inks, I also ran a gray pencil around the edges of the images to soften up the lines of demarcation, they can look a little harsh if they are left white. The snowflake panel was distressed in vintage photo, the DP is from last years Magnolia paper and the flowers, lace and ribbon are from my stash!!


Thanks for stopping by to visit my project, I really appreciate your time and thoughts!! I am completely thrilled to be "working" if you can really classify stamping as work, as a guest for Belles 'n Whistles, the stamps are as sweet as can be and so are the lovely ladies on the bnw design team!! Thank you Summer and the BnW team for allowing me this great pleasure!!

Hugs, Stephanne

6 comments:

  1. Okay now let me catch my breath! Wow wow wow! This is just INCREDIBLE! What a STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS card and I am blown away by your 3-d effects! sigh ... BRILLIANT work!

    Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunning card - the image is sooooooo cute, and I love the way you have decoupaged it up. Love the way you have inked the embossed card, and all your elements looks gorgeous!
    Love, Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this stamped image. so cute. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is absolutely gorgeous, Summer!! amazing coloring and i love every little detail. love love love this!

    ReplyDelete