Wednesday, November 3, 2010

This is the day.....

Greetings!  Boy it feels like an eternity since I posted here.  I don't think I posted at all last month.  But now that things have settled down a little bit, I am back and in full swing of things.

Today I have a cute little desk top calendar to show you.  Whatever you do, please don't ask for a tutorial, because I don't know that I could possibly do this one again.  ha ha....
This was just one of those things that I sort of created as I went. 



Okay, so rather than trying to make a tutorial, I'm going to try to explain just what I did.  LOL
This was made from a piece of foam filled poster board.  It measures 6" x 6" on the front and back.  The way I cut it so that it stayed in tact and was able to fold, was to NOT cut all the way through the foam board.  I then wrapped the light green paper around it.  Sort of like a gift.  The base of this calendar is 2.5 inches, and is still attached to the main pieces.  Once the papers were covering the foam board, I used heavy glue to fill the seam, and let it dry over night. 
Of course the front was decorated just as any card front would be decorated, and I added a small calendar that I had found in a dollar store.  Not bad for spending only a dollar, right?

One of the things I did with this was to add little teeny tiny glass beads, just for a little something different.  I added the sentiment "This is the day that the Lord hath made" because I thought that would be perfect for this type of calendar. 

I will be giving this to Sister Mary Thomas, who just so happens to be my boss at the school I work at.  She already has one desk calendar from me, but with a new year coming, she will need a new one!  =)

Here are some closer views.




Thank you for taking the time to read through all of these crazy ramblings of mine.
Wishing you a Wonderful Wednesday, with lots of Craft time available.

7 comments:

  1. So beautiful,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at the picci, I think it could be made with heavy card. Think I will have to try it has it is really gorgeous....hugs Kath...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo sweet! Love the image and the calander... I'm sure Sister Mary Thomas will be grateful for this gift considering the time and effort that you've put in not to mention that it is GORGEOUS!!!

    Have a great day!
    Hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful gift! I'm sure she will love it.
    *smiles*
    debbi

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful calendar and what a lovely gift. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so so sweet!! Love your fun calendar design!! The sparkle is so fun too!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful project!

    I've been looking for the winner of the Elisabeth Bell stamps - is it posted somewhere?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete