Friday, December 17, 2010

The 17th Day of Winter Wonderland Fun!

Hi everyone I'm Mina from Northern Ireland and I'm so honoured that the fabulous Summer has asked me to be a guest for the Belles and Whistles advent, are you all enjoying the advent I love them and they always remind me of the excitement my Daughter had every morning, we used to instead of the usual advent make her an Advent goody bag with 24 teeny little presents in and she got to dip into it every morning, the gifts were either something sweet to eat or maybe a girly thing like nail varnish or even a silly little joke gift but no matter how small she loved it so much and although shes 26 now we only stopped doing her Advent when she moved out last year (I know I should have stopped years ago but I couldnt resist)...I got to use this stunning Merry Sledding stamp for my card, isn't she so sweet and pretty and shes wonderful to colour, I use Distress inks for my colouring. I really wanted the image to pop off the page and what better way of showing her then to use just white card for the background, the 'snow' is made with linen card and scored to make it 3d, I used the same method for the star a little bit of twinkling frost and we have a winter wonderland.

Do you have anything you do with your kids that makes Christmas an even more special time of the year, I would love to know as Christmas is all about the children and its such a magical time for them isn't it.

I want to wish you all a wonderfully Happy Christmas and a joyous New Year and thank you Summer for letting me join in

Mina xxx

And now for the winner of yesterday's quiz question: What was the largest stamp produced by Belles 'n Whistles?......most of you got this one correct! The largest stamp produced by Belles 'n Whistles was indeed "Teddy Bear Picnic"...in it's red rubber form! This stamp was one of the first stamps released back in July of 2009, measuring then at a whoping 5" in length by 3" in height...whew! The new, clear version is smaller in size, but the largest stamp ever produced by Belles 'n Whistles is and will always be, Teddy Bear Picnic!

The randomly selected winner from the correct answers was: Good Kardma by Jules! Please contact me, Summer, with your mailing details for your Advent Goody Bag!

36 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card. She is a beautiful little image. Great idea for the 3D look. Love it.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Love the dimension of the snow background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Mina, I'm also glad Summer asked you to join or else I wouldn't have seen you fantastic card!! Love the idea - very creative AND elegant!!

    Have a great day!

    Hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, was für eine tolle Idee, die karte ist wunderschön.
    lg gila

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Mina fabulous colouring love the background
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovley card. This image is sooooo cute.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just love your card sweetie
    i've to make a special something with this image
    i own her and i'm so glad that i do
    congrats to the winner from yesterday
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love the image.

    hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your white on white card is stunning. I know how hard these can be to create and you did a wonderful job.

    I have a lot of little things I enjoy with my kids at the holidays from...daily visits from the elf on the shelf, to mixing reindeer food (oatmeal, glitter and some apples wedges) and putting it out on Christmas eve for the reindeer to eat, opening our advent noah's ark each evening, sining Happy Birthday to Jesus...we have so many things that make this time of year so special and truly treasuring it with my children is the greatest gift....Hugs and Merry Christmas. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous and Stunning Mina~Just like always:)
    You are soooo very creative and talented:)
    I love to give when kids were little but now that they are 23-30 yrs old ~~we take time to be together. Stopping what we need to do and do what we can do together:)
    Blessings and Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card! One thing that we do with our kids is on Christmas eve we of course put out the milk and cookies for Santa. But we also leave carrots for the reindeer and candy canes for the elves. My daughter insists on this every year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card. Love this image and your coloring is great. Love the mainly white card, I haven't tried using all white except the image yet, but am getting inspired by all the cards like this that I have seen.
    My children are now 12, 16, and 18, but when they were younger they used to have to put out "Reindeer Food". It was a mixture of oats and glitter. They would sprinkle it out in the driveway and on the porch, my husband would then take the dog out after they went to bed and have her walk around in it to look like a reindeer was there. They would of course have to go out in the morning and check... It was fun, wish they were still little...... They would also leave out cookies and milk for Santa too....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Mina, your card is so very special and beautiful! I love your colouring - just perfect...
    Big Hugs,
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, Mina! I love the snow and the image.
    *smiles*
    debbi

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've already won so don't put me in the draw, but I just had to comment on the GORGEOUS card Mina made! I just love everything about it. How you did the snow is amazing and your coloring of the image is fabulous. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is so beautiful i love this stamp shes adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful card, especially all in white except the main elements.
    I don't do anything now as like you my children are all too old but we used to have a hunt the advent gift with clues each morning.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunningly fabulous Mina....as always....xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning card Mina. Love the way you did the background. Super image and colouring is terrific.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the card, especially the pretty star.

    ReplyDelete
  22. your card is stunning what a great and splendid card. thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi :-)
    this card is lovely. And what a nice effect with the simple white paper in 3D!! I love it!
    We hear Christmas-songs all the time now. Since the boys have lots of tests going on in school, there is not much time for anything. But the music is always on :-)
    XX Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ohhhh Mina, this is such a beautiful and fun card. I lovelovelove this, your wintery scene is gorgeous and you have brought your adorable image to life. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. a truly fabulous card, love it x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, what a nice card. It really looks elegant and the white background makes the cute cute snowbaby stand out. Love the colours you used and the sentiment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the idea of the advent bags for your daughter. I'll bet she misses them...we never really outgrow that stuff. I'm 38 and still love a stocking! Anyway, your card is wonderful. That is such a clever way to do the snow and I really love her pink outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Mina, beautiful! I like this card so much. And a nice effect with the white colour!
    XXUte

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow, was ist die karte schön! traumhaft!

    lg sebrina

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is such a lovely card. I really like all the layers. I never got treats each day, but we did have an advent calendar that we moved a candy cane into a pocket each day. Fun, but not quite as fun as getting a little treat each day.

    ReplyDelete