Thursday, December 9, 2010

Advent Day - NINTH Door Opens!!!

Hello friends!!  I am so excited to be here!!  This is actually my first post here as a Belles 'n Whistles designer and what could be even better than to be able to post my first post during the Advent Event?!!
I know I loved participating as a "fan" last year and had so much FUN, so I know you all are! :)  

As it gets closer to Christmas and we do our shopping, we then realize we have to wrap all of those things we just bought!!!  And if you're like me, you may be running out of wrapping paper, bows and bags and tags and say...oh I'll worry about that next year!! HA!  That time never comes!  Well here's a neat little idea for a gift bag when you are all out of gift bags!  All you need is a 12x12 designer sheet of paper!  Take a look:
  Isn't this precious?!  (please click on photo for larger view) It is called a Double Pocket Bag and you can find out how to make your own by CLICKING HERE for the tutorial on SCS.
I added this really precious Peek-a-Boo Snow Baby image to the front of it along with some yummy ribbon and a few other accents!  Since the inside dimensions are for flat type images, I thought this would be a PERFECT way to package up some cocoa (I have a yummy package of Cold Stone Creamery hot cocoa in the front!) and perhaps a few of those darling Belles 'n Whistles stamps for some lucky duck!  I also thought this was a really cute idea to package up some snowman soup as well with marshmallows and a candy cane or two! :)

Here is a closer look at some of the details:
I've colored in this image using my fav method of Copic markers.  I've also glittered up the little "peek-a-boo" girl's hat trim.  The circle tag on the bag was just made by stamping the "to:/from:" and punching out circles, attaching a piece of linen thread to it and adding it to the bag.
I hope you enjoy my project for you today!  Let me know if you try out one of these bags and if you use a Belles 'n Whistles image, PLEASE up-load it to the Belles 'n Whistles gallery so we can all see it! :)

Don't forget to enter your Christmas ornament in our Advent Contest!!  Click HERE for further details!
And please join in the fun by trying out a Belles 'n Whistles challenge!
We can't wait to see what you come up with!

I don't want to leave you all hanging because I know you want to find out if YOU are the lucky winner today, right?!  So without further delay, here is the winner randomly picked from yesterday's comments:
Congratulations to:  

craftymom205 said...
My favorite is Silver Bells.
Please contact Summer with your shipping information at
summer(at)bellesnwhistlesstamps(dot)com 
to receive your surprise package!!
And if you'd like to be one of these lucky winners being chosen, then make sure to leave a comment below!
Thanks for stopping by and joining our Advent fun with us!

Posted by: *Vicki* - Stamped Smiles

53 comments:

  1. what a lovely gift bag with that nice stamp....fab colouring...thanks for the tutorial...I'm gonna make one too!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea for a sheet of scrapbook paper. I will be making at least one of these quite soon. Wonderful job coloring the adorable image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, sweetie, this is sooo adorable!! Love the gift bag and your choice of embellis... *wow*

    Have a great day!
    Hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely giftbag.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I'll leave a comment! I just love your calendar! What a nice thing to do, and how lovely of you to share it with all of us! Have a nice day!
    Hug Lindha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gift bag is gorgeous !!!
    Hugs,
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that Gift-bag, and how you embelisht it !!!
    Thanks for sharing the WS *hugs
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little girl is so cute! hiding behind the snowman! Lovely Gift Bag! Lovely Colours too! Thank you yet again for such a great chance to win! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is delightful - the colours of the little girl peeking from behind the snowman are so pretty & contrast extremely well with the rest of the colour scheme. Absolutely love it.
    Paula (PEP)
    http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Say hello to Mr. Snowman~~ Great design

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful gift bag. I love those colours and such delish ribbons. Sweet image and lovely coloured.

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet bag and adorable image!! I just love the colors, snowflakes, and details. What an awesome gift this would be!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab little bag and love the image too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bag. Sent an email with my info to collect my prize.

    ReplyDelete
  15. aww ! dis is so cute .. de color and just a 12by12 sheet makes it more adorable and more handy !
    gr8 work !
    hugs
    mallika

    ReplyDelete
  16. That bag is such a great idea! Thanks for the link to the tutorial. And the image is adorable. So pretty!
    *smiles*
    debbi

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a brilliant idea. will have to give this a go. Beautiful colouring.
    x laura x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! This is fabulous and such a neat idea. Thanks for the link. Enjoying the advent event very much.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  19. great tut :) and this is such a lovely bag.. thank you for sharing :) thank you also for letting all have a chance at winning this cuttie ;)

    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a brilliant idea.
    Thanks for the link to the tutorial.
    Hugs Katharina

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's gorgeous Thanks for the link Congratulations Craftymom
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cute bag! Love the coloring on the image!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh my what a gorgeous bag
    i just love the image
    the colors are so perfect
    congrats to yesterdays winner
    thanks for the chance sweetie
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fantastic looking gift bag. The image is oh so sweet. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh wow i just love it and only one sheet of card thats awesome xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. This bag is adorable. I love how you blinged up her hat and how you added the shadow around the image. So cute and anyone would be lucky to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous and cute bag. I've made several bags but nothing like this so I'll give it a whirl. Thanks so much for the link to the tutorial. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  28. Die Tasche sieht bezaubernd aus und toll gestaltet
    lg gila

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cute cute image! The bag is adorable and perfect for the holidays! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. love this adorable bag and of course the bells and whistles image is just to cute.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is a brilliant idea to create a lovely bag for a small present. You can even make a matching card. The image is cute and you coloured it beautifully. Thank you for explaining how you made the tag, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is such a nice idea. Thank you for sharing the link to the instructions and the inspiring sample :-)
    XX Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful bag, Vicki! I love the image and the snowflake and those ribbon bows are so cute.
    hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is so sweet, love it.

    Hugs
    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the bag and thank you for the instructions I have been trying to make one all week and really struggling can't wait to get home and try it out!
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  36. A bag out of a single sheet of scrapbook paper sounds great. Now I have to decide which paper to turn into a bag.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful bag Vicki! I have this precious stamp too so I just may be casing you! TFS the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a great idea! Love the funny stamp, too!

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a gorgeous gift bag. I just love how you've colored the image and added the sparkle. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great stamp and what a wonderful gift bag. Gonna head over to SCS to make one now.

    ReplyDelete
  41. A wonderful idea. Love the bag you made.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  42. Adorable bag. I need to make all my gifts fit into these cuties!!
    I love how you glittered up the little peek a boo girl.

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a gorgeous gift bag! Great color combination. The image is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Vicki, this is absolutely darling hun!!! Love it and what a great treat bag that makes!!! Great work and thanks for the chance to win!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  45. Adorable bag and thank you for the chance to win such an adorable stamp

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is fabulous and I love the image.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Vicki! This is the most darling bag ever! Oh I just love that image, and your fab ideas for what to put inside!!! I didn't know Cold Stone Creamery had hot chocolate! Definitely going to check that out:)

    ReplyDelete