Thursday, December 2, 2010

Our 2nd Day of Advent

Good Morning to you all!!!  Have you all been enjoying yesterdays release of Merry Sledding?  I still can't get over how adorable she is.  You still have time to visit blogs and leave comments for a chance to win her for yourself!


Today is our 2nd day of our Advent festivities. 
You'll want to make sure you stop by each and every day between now and Christmas for your chance to win a secret goody bag of surprises.
What do you have to do to win???
All you have to do is grab our Advent Blinkie, and post on your blog to help spread the word, and leave us a comment right here for your chance to win.


Today, for our 2nd day of Advent, I have a cute idea to show you!  I altered a notebook.  Yep it's just your average - ordinary marble style notebook.  I think you can buy them for a dollar if I remember correctly.

How many of you have holiday recipes written down on scraps of paper?  I know that I do.  I thought that an ordinary notebook would make a nice place to jot down all those yummy recipes....   Not to mention, every now and then we have "Recipe Style" blog hops.  Wouldn't it be easy then to just have your recipe notebook sitting next to you as you hop?  This definitely makes it quick and easy to jot those yummy sounding recipes down. Of course it can't just be ANY old notebook, it has to be a Belles 'n Whistles notebook.  Let me tell you, I had LOADS of fun with this one!


I used "Gingerbread Love" from last years holiday release.  I never get tired of these sweet little kids.  They sure do look like they are enjoying their cookies, right?

I also finally found a good use for my random purchase of a fiskars gingerbread man paper punch.  ha ha... Well, I couldn't help it, I saw it, and I am secretly in love with the Gingerbread man, so I bought it.  NOW I got to use it... soooooo I used it a lot on this book.  ha ha

Once I was all done decorating this book the way that I wanted, I put a coating of modge podge over it, and do you know why?  Well not only do I like the glossy look it gives, but it protects the papers, and the images, and of course seals everything so it's sturdy as can be.  No fading, no water marks if something spills on it, just pure cuteness for years to come!

So there you have it...  Does anyone have a favorite holiday recipe?  I want to start writing some good ones inside of this book....  I don't think I could part with this book that's for sure. 

Okay - Okay, I've talked long enough, I just KNOW you are dying to find out what lucky commenter wins the goodies from Yesterdays Advent.  Do you really want to know???



A HUGE Congratulations to you.
Please contact Summer with your shipping information to summer(at)bellesnwhistlesstamps(dot)com
(ha.... take that, all you spammers)  Oh I'm evil aren't I? 
once you've emailed her, she will get your goodies right out to you. 


And just a quick reminder....
there is a tab on the top of our blog that says
CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT CHALLENGE
Why not check it out, you can have another chance to win
an even bigger prize!



53 comments:

  1. Hi Lynda, love your real red Recepiebook for the cookies and that little man withe red hair looks so cute *smile
    all gingerbread man are so lovely, that candy canes are so "sweet"
    Lovít all around ;o)
    hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous notebook perfect for all those sweet treat recipes.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very cute idea for creating a fun space to journal or store ideas. Adding modge podge to the cover to protect it is a wonderful tip. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eine tolle Idee und es sieht super süß aus
    lg gila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely image and I love the coloring of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I won. I am so happy.
    The recipe book is a great idea, and there are so many great B&W stamps we can use to create these, for all seasons really. I will definitely have to try one, especially as I am like you, with recipes that are written on scrap paper and that end up all scruffy in a drawer, and that obviously we never find when you need them. Definitely a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the noteboook fab image been a while since i did any baking but i will be trying out Debbies recipe here http://countryheartandhome.blogspot.com/2010/11/week-40-improved-sweet-mince-muffins.html
    they look scrumptious
    ooh & Congratulations Laetita
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Note Book. Thanks for the chance to win some Christmas Advent Candy!!!

    Hugs
    Penni
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab cute book, hubby is continually printing recipes off the internet so we don't have a neat liitle book but a huge A4 ring binder and thats almost full! Thanks for the chance to win another cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Note Book. Thanks for the chance to win some Christmas Advent Candy!!!
    Hugs Katharina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynda this is fabulous!!! I love your altered Notebook and and those cute little ginger bread men...they are soooooo cute :-) Fab job!!!!!!

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your notebook is so cute! Thanks for the Adventscalendar..., love it!
    Hugs,
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Notebook, love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  14. I keep meaning to have a go at altering one of these...but havent got round to it...yet lol
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your book.
    Lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very, very good idea & I love the cute stamp and the colors!! And thank you for the winning chance!
    Hugs, bibi.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh wow such a beautiful project i just love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, your creation is wonderful, so beautiful Details.

    Hugs
    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous notebook! We can never have too many of those this time of year, can we? Especially one this sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful recipe book. I have been wanting to make one of these for ages. i really must get round to doing it.
    x laura x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful Notebook and a fantastic idea.

    Thanks for a chance to win, I added the banner in my sidebar!
    hugs
    Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your Note-book is wonderful!
    An adorable image and beautiful colors.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  23. Grand idea Lynda~~Love your new recipe book!! Beautiful image~~cutsey gingybreads:D
    Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh I want one!!! That's something else added to my ever growing list :) Absolutely beautiful recipe book!!! Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely recipe book - and very clever to make one specially for the christmas ones!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great recipe book! Love the little gingerbread people. Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great idea! I always forget about the magic of modge podge...I should utilize that stuff more! The image is so cute and I love all the gingerbreads....good buy on that punch! HEHE!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a wonderful idea! It turned out so cute. I'm definitely going to have to give this one a try. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your adorable notebook/ cook book. What a treasure or great gift. Thank you for inspiring and sharing. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lynda, this is so sweet!! I adore your gingerbread!! :) Great idea for the naughty and nice list right?!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I put the advent blinkie on my blog yesterday, so I'm a step ahead of the game! LOL. I love your recipe notebook. The little gingerbread men all over the cover made me smile. Did you see the gingerbread men buttons at Joann's?!? The worst part is that every time I see a gingerbread man, I think of Shrek ("Do you know the muffin man?"). I can't help it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. oh my hun
    this is so amazingly gorgeous
    love the colors
    thanks for the chance to win
    i've put the blinkie yesterday on my blog
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a cute notebook and would make a great Christmas gift. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Lynda
    The recipe book is a great idea.Lynda this is fabulous!!! I love those cute little ginger bread men!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. what a fantastic notebook and such a lovely image.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow, this looks so great and fun!!
    I love the gingerbread man too :-) and all the details you added.
    I don't have a special Christmas-recipe, but a very easy one to make fast cookies. (We made them today and tomorrow the boys will decorate then.)
    Take 100g sugar, 200g butter (should be room temperature) and 300g flour and mix it with your kitchen machine. Take it out in a bowl and mix it with your hands until it's really smooth. Now you can roll it out on the table about 1/4" high and make all kind of shapes with your cookie cutters. Then bake them in the oven 180°C / 356°F about 12mins (depends on your oven!). Next aou can decorate the cookies, with whatever you like. We take a mix of lemon juice and powdered sugar and some food color. this sould be thick an sticky, so you can add chocolate sprinkles or other fun stuff and it wan't fall off.
    Have fun!
    XX Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  37. Not only is this a fantastic project but it would make a perfect gift for next year. Will have to make 2 so I can keep one for myself. Never tried anything like this so I'm off to the craftroom to have a go at it. Thanks so much for the inspiration. I love how you've decorated this book. Now all I need to make the project complete is that adorable stamp. Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  38. MMMM....Gingerbread men cookies.What a great idea.Gorgeous colors,gorgeous embellishments.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lynda!!! I'm amazed - this is such a lovely card!! The gingerbreads are sooo sweet and the image is perfect just like the coloring!!

    Have a great day!

    Hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your recipe book is GORGEOUS and such a wonderful gift idea! Now if only I liked to bake....LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love the notebook! What a perfect place to hold all of your Christmas memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh Lynda, your recipe book is gorgeous!! I love all those gingerbread men - they actually look real, yum!! Hee hee! My fave Christmas recipe is actually gingerbread cookies, and I always use the fab recipe that is printed on the side of the packaging the brown sugar comes in! xx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your notebook turned out great! I love the cute little gingerbread men and they go perfectly with that adorable image!! Wonderful job and thanks for the chance to win some great candy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. My children are getting some kitchen items for gifts this year. I think I will have to make a few of these with some of my recipes. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  45. What a wonderful journal!! Our favourite family Christmas recipe is a gooey caramel and almond concoction.... so yummy! Not good for the waist line though!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love your recipe book. Thanks for chance at the candy.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  47. This is such a great idea. Taking something pretty self-made out of the shelf ought to make one more inspired to bake/cook. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Fabulous notebook,and beautiful christmas stamp too.Thanx for the chance.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  49. What a fabulous book!! =)
    Hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete
  50. Aloha, I love decorating these compositiion books, but never thought to use it to store recipes/clippings. Do you actually modge podge the pages too or just the cover? Another good idea. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  51. Awesome book! And those gingerbread men are adorable!!
    Carrie C

    ReplyDelete