Tuesday, February 22, 2011

An Edgy Flower Tutorial!!

Happy Tuesday friends!!  Hope you're doing well!  It's time for me to show you a tutorial today!
So I'd like to show you a way to make a fun "edgy" paper flower!  So Let's get started:
Here are a few things you're going to need to have ready:
1.  a couple of strips of decorative papers 12" long by 1" and another strip 1 1/2" wide
2.  Your choice of border punch
3.  a 1" card stock circle with a hole punched in the middle of it
4.  some liquid type glue that will dry clear

Step 1:  You will need to border punch one side of each 12" strip of papers
Then you will need to add the liquid glue to cover the circle card stock piece

Step 2:  Press the end of the wider strip of decorative paper at the edge and just above center of the hole in the middle of the glue circle card stock piece.  You will start to make pleats with the strip around the hole while pressing it down at even widths to complete the circle.

Step 3:  Trim off any remaining strip and attach the ends together.  You can now use the other strip of decorative paper to form a small flower to layer on top of this one.  Then you will need to attach a brad through the center of the pleated flowers to hold it in place.

And when you've attached your brad, here's what the completed "edgy" flower will look like.
It is now ready to add to any creation....and although this appears to be a bulky type of embellishment, it doesn't hurt it to be pushed down on.

And here's what my "edgy" flower looks like when added to my card!  I've used this really happy and sweet darling Belles 'n Whistles image called Clowning Around.  It seems that I haven't been the only one lately who's been feeling a bit ill, but several of my fellow teamies and blog friends have not been feeling so well.  And what better way to cheer someone up than with a happy colorful creation!!  The flower reminds me of the clowns with the water squirting out of them! LOL!!

So if you'd like to see a larger photo of my completed card and details about the challenges I've entered this into, then please visit me at my blog HERE!  Thanks so much for stopping by!! I really hope that you've enjoyed my tutorial and will try an edgy flower for yourself sometime soon!! HUGS

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful tutorial Vicki! Beautiful flower and gorgeous vibrant happy card, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Супер!! И просто и красиво!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous card Vicki.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cannot wait to try this, thank you Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial Vicki, thanks for that, I think even I could..maybe accomplish that.Looks fabulous on your card.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh I cant wait to try that one! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks great, thanks for the tut!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your flowers! Great technique.
    Thanks for sharing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [23 Feb 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a great technique and a truly eye-catching!
    Th♥nks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH WOW!! Vicki I am so excited -I have that punch---will def. have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do like this and will be giving it a go x

    ReplyDelete
  13. a fabulous tutorial hun, thank you for sharing.xx

    ReplyDelete