Thursday, October 13, 2011

All Things Grow With Love

Greetings my dear Belles 'n Whistles Friends,
Wow, it seems like an eternity since I've posted here.  I certainly have not forgotten about all of you, our fabulous followers, but you know how it goes when life gets busy busy busy.....  I've kept myself busy with "behind the scenes stuff"  But ohhh I'll not tell what that is all about. Not yet anyway....

Today I thought I would share something I have made for an art journaling class that I'm involved in.  I have found a new love for creating an art journal.  Nothing is ever wrong, all kinds of crazy things are acceptable.  As a matter of fact, I found out that the further out of the ordinary for me, the better things seem to turn out.  This week the class theme was called "Bloom & Grow" ...  Well of course I knew exactly what I wanted to do with this theme....  So I took a couple of absolutely adorable little Belles 'n Whistles stamps, and set out to create a "Bloom & Grow" style art journal layout.  So today I am sharing my creation with all of you.


I of course used some of the darling little fairies from the fairy collection.  Aren't they just darling?
For my "Floral Stamps" I really couldn't tell you what company they are from, to be honest, they were just taken from my "Random Stamps" case.  You see, it's always good to search those dollar sale bins at the stores, you never know what you may find.

 I used Tim Holtz Distress ink in Peeled Paint and Walnut Stain to create a distressed background.  I wrinkled the pages, ran them under water, and completely crumpled them up in my hands until they were a tight ball.
When I was done with that I lay them out to dry.
Once they were dry enough, I used clear Gesso for my pages, this made the pages a little more sturdy to work with, as well as accepting stamped and painted things a little easier.
I began my layout, and let me tell you, I had a TON OF FUN with this spread.

I am curious... Have any of you ever done "Art Journaling"???

I wonder what the vote would be on whether any of you would like to play along if we did a short class, completely for fun of course.

Maybe we could even incorporate some art journaling into our BnW Challenges? 
What are all of your thoughts on this?
Just my curiosity, you know how that goes, don't you?

Thanks so much for stopping in today, and I truly hope that you have enjoyed my Art Journal spread.
these fairies are just tooooo precious, I had to use them this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment