Sunday, December 4, 2011

Advent Calendar Day 4 - Yum Yum Holiday Recipe

Hello Friends!  Welcome to Day 4 of our Advent Calendar!! 

The winner of yesterday is:
Martina's Welt
Congratulations hun!  Please contact Summer by clicking on the button on the sidebar with your choice of stamp!  Yayy!  :)

Today I'm sharing with you a "Yum Yum Holiday Recipe" .. and if you're like me .. a lot of times I want something quick and easy yet tasty.

I've decided to make something that I know we'd all enjoy at our home .. with a cup of hot chocolate or coffee or even a glass of cold milk.  And it's SO easy to do .. and FUN for my little boy to help with also.  He actually helped me make these.  And those little round things at the bottom of my Starbucks cup is something my hubby decided to do.  lol.  He did the recipe with marshmallows.


Here's a little recipe card that I made using Little Light
I realize the font is too small to see, so here's the recipe .. hehe ..

Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
Ingredients:
Pretzel Rods
Semi-Sweet Chocolate
Assorted Toppings:  Sprinkles, Crushed Cookies, etc...

1.  Melt semi sweet chocolate in microwave or on stove.
2.  Ladle chocolate over 3/4 of each pretzel rod and tap off excess chocolate.  Roll in toppings such as sprinkles or crushed cookies.
3.  Dry on cooling rack until set.
4.  ENJOY!

Not only that, today is Sunday. We've decided that each Sunday of the Advent, we will also award the random winner their choice of Digital Word Art.... There are 4 sets to choose from. If you haven't yet seen them, why not stop over at Belles 'n Whistles, and check them out. 

Thanks for visiting us and we'll see ya back tomorrow!
Hugs,
Elise

8 comments:

  1. The sweets looks delicious! yum! And your card is so beautiful. Love the image! Sigh!
    Thank you for the oppertunity to win lovely stamps!
    Hugs, June

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh they look yummy!! Thanks for sharing the rcipe.. Love the resipe card you made!! Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look delicious and so nice when the children can help.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea for the family to do together - and they look scrummy too!
    Love, Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot for the recipe!
    Big Hugs,
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look so yummy. Will have to try these.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love chocolate covered pretzels, but have never made them myself. Thanks for sharing the recipe and thanks for another chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  8. linkytool dont love me... can´t leave my comment up on there...
    So I will tell you here *lol

    It´s a rely (even in words) sweet one, TFS both card and recipe
    hugs hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete