Friday, December 16, 2011

Advent Calendar Door 16th is open!

Hello all, Iris here! Today I have some yummy recipe to share with you and also a card I made! But before I continue let's congratulate ScrappyAndrea who was randomly drawn from yesterdays entries! Congratulations - Herzlichen Glueckwunsch! :-)  And the song we were looking for was of course 'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas' !

Ok let's start with the recipe now.  It's not only a very yummy recipe i have to say, it's also pretty quickly made. Do you bake Christmas cookies? I love to bake! Especially baking all kinds of different Christmas cookies and cakes has a huge tradition in our family. So I have to admit my first Christmas cookies for this year I already made in early October...LOL....no I'm not joking! Of course they didn't last long ;-)  I always find a reason to make some more and try new recipes too. But the recipe I like to share with you is one my Mom already made every year and they are one of my favorites and on my cookie plate every year! They are called: 

Fruchthaeufchen - Fruit Piles


 Ingredients:

200g / 6.5 oz unsalted butter
125g / 2/3 cups sugar
1 TL / tsp vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
finely grated peel from 1 lemon
pinch of salt
250g / 2 cups flour
2 EL / tbsp milk
100g / 3.5 oz slivered almonds
100g / 3.5 oz raisins
150g / 5 oz finely diced fruit cake mix (candied, diced mixed friuts)

Using an electric mixer or stand mix whip the butter until frothy. Gradually add sugar, pinch of salt, vanilla, egg yolks and finely grated lemon peel. Spoon by spoon add flour and milk and mix until combined. Fold in almonds, raisins and mixed fruits. Using  2 teaspoons put little piles on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 - 20 min. at 175 C / 350 F.

Enjoy!!!

***********************************



And this is the card I made with the stamp 'Andrew's Christmas Stocking' from the new 2011 Christmas Collection! This cutie stamp is available in the store right now, but you have to hurry there are only 10 left!! More details and info about this card is available on my blog!

Please leave your name with the linky tool for a chance to be in the drawing for another Holiday stamp!

Thanks for stopping by today and good luck to you all!









7 comments:

  1. UUUUUUUHM this recipee sure sounds yummi, will have to try this soon, that´s for sure.
    And your card is just wonderful too, I love this image, it´s just too cute, and your coloring looks amazing, sooo beautiful work here.
    thanks soo much for sharing both your wonderful card and recipee with us here hun. Have a wonderful day and an amazing Christmas too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious indeed. Unfortunately, my other half is not too keen on raisins, so I'll have to come up with another recipe for my Christmas cookies. That is if I bother to make any. I'm more of a cooking than baking person. Lovely card...now I'm off to your blog to check out where that large snowflake die (?) is from. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Card whith this Beautiful stamp! It is addorable!
    Great colors an embellishing.
    And those cockies looks very good. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Iris,
    Marvellous card and such a sweet image. Love that snowflake and pretty paper.
    Thank you for the recipe. They look delicious.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iris your recipe or should I say "Mom's" recipe is making my mouth water :) Love the card and Little Andrew is wonderful!!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the recipe, it looks yummie ;o)
    Your card is amazing! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I love your card.

    ReplyDelete