Monday, December 19, 2011

Advent Door # 19

Happy Monday - We are on the Home Stretch now for our 3rd Annual Advent festivities.  Have you all been enjoying all the fun and inspiration?

I can't believe that Christmas is only a week away.  I feel as though I haven't had a chance to sit back and enjoy looking at my tree, and lights, it seems I'm always crafting, or baking, or just creating something instead.  Such a busy time of year!

How about a winner from yesterday before I share with you what I've made to show you all today?

Congratulations go to #26 Scrapalajen!!! 
Please contact Summer with your choice of holiday stamp! (see contact info in sidebar)

Okay, so now for a little "Home For The Holiday's" Treat....  and I do mean treat!

Who wouldn't want to come home to a nice tray full of their favorite cookies?  I have created just the thing for such an occassion.


I had so much fun painting, and then decorating this tray, I also brought it to a craft fair, and believe it or not, it was one of the first things to be bought.  I know the girl who bought it, so I know it's gone to a good home.  I really hated to part with it, but you know how it is...  How many things can I really keep???

I have found that after applying a good coat of Modge Podge, and allowing plenty of drying time, that I can then spray a thin coat of Shellac on it, and it will no longer have a slightly sticky feel.  I also tested it out, and used a damp cloth to wipe it, and it works wonderfully. 

I just had to put it to the test of "Cleaning"...  Obviously, this is wood, and you wouldn't want to submerge it in dish water, but wiping it with a dish cloth that is damp doesn't do it any harm. 

This tray was such a hit at the craft fair that I was at, that I ended up needing to make 2 more trays for someone else, because they also fell in love with it.  Gotta love getting a special request, right?

I really got lucky too, because wouldn't you know that today there is a new challenge over at The Belles 'n Whistles Challenge blog, using "Warm Colors"....  If this isn't warm, then I don't know what is... We certainly would Love it if you could find some time to come join us for the challenge. 

All you need to do to win a Holiday Stamp of YOUR Choice from Belles 'n Whistles is simply enter your name below, and then come back again tomorrow, and see if your number was the lucky number chosen.  =) 

Good Luck, and Thanks so much for visiting today!


8 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous tray, you´ve made here. I was soo lucky to recieve one like this for christmas last year, and I just love it too. It´s really gorgeous work, you´ve done here, that´s for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER SUPER SUPER!!!!!!!! Lovely your Tray, woowwwww!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Tray is absolutely gorgeous Lynda. HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWEE What an absolutely fabulous creation! All that work you put into it really shows the super talent that you have for creativity. Amazing!
    Hugs Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cute tray. I just love the sweet image and the gingerbread cookies. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cool idea; I'd never have thought of that myself. Looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love this tray. It is beautifully decorated and so colourful.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  8. This tray is adorable! What a great gift idea too! I missed the linky - time difference kicks my butt all the time :)

    ReplyDelete