Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy St. Nick Day!


Hello Belles'n'Whistles friends!

Today is the 6th day of advent - and it's a special one. Yesterday evening a lot of chrildren here in Germany put out a nicely cleaned boot in front of their door. And while they were sleeping tonight St. Nick - who we call Nikolaus here - came by and filled it for them with candies and maybe a little gift... 
In my family he even leaves a little letter to the kids. He's usually meant to tell the kids if they've been naughty or nice this year. So in the letter he tells them what they should change next year but also the things they made or goals they reached that he is proud of. 

So my kids even got up earlier today just to have enough time to read his letter and check on their candies and gifts. The twins got a one year subscription of their favourite girls magazines and for my oldest we decided to pay one month of her cellphone bills - and all of them were happy. 
Isn't this a great way to start the morning off?

To also make your day starting great I am announcing yesterday's winner:

It's # 17 - Pysselbus!

Please contact Summer by email, tell her you won and also let her know which of those cute BnW holiday stamps you'd like.

Don't be sad if it wasn't you this time, there are more chances to win. And for today you only have to let me know if you've been good enough this year to deserve a new holiday stamp.... ;)

Have a wonderful St. Nick Day everyone!



14 comments:

  1. Have a lovely Nikolaus-Day! =) Thanks for a chance to win
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful day and thanks sooo much for the chance to win here. I love the card shown here today, and I actually have this stamp, so better get it out and get inked he he he

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely project. Love the vintage look!!!
    I have been very very nice this year, a bit naughty (according to hubby as I may have bought too much stash), but I don't think it is naughtiness. I think that on the contrary, it is because I am too kind and can't stand letting cute stamps in a shop when all they want is a loving home.
    Oh, me and my excuses!!! LOL
    Thank you for yet another chance to win,
    Laetitia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card!! I actually learnt about St Nick today and thought it was a lovely tradition!!! I have been very good this year, shed 19kilos and now have enough energy to run around and pay with my kids!!! Hugsx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and a lovely image. Love the style.
    Thanks for the chance to win.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautyful card ;o)
    Well I do not know if I deserve a Holiday stamp, I mean who wil tell you that I was nice and sweet this year. I was a little naughty to, just because to make life more fun! But yes I desrve it, just because I lost 16 kilo of weight and I am just a sweet girl *lol
    Thank you for the change to win a B'nW stamp .. I {heart} them

    Janneke XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Encore une carte magnifique! merci pour toutes ces superbes inspirations.

    Alors, je ne sais pas si je mérite ce tampons, mais en général, je suis quelqu'un de très gentille et de très doux. Seulement si on ne me cherche pas biensûr, lollll.

    Encore merci pour toutes ces chances de gagner.

    Bonne journée.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this information about St Nick - it's lovely to hear traditions from other countries.
    I've been naughty enough to spend too much money on buying jewellery making goodies, but then I've been nice enough to make jewellery as gifts for friends and family!
    Thanks for the chance to win.
    Love, Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was nice enough this year to buy some stamps for me! Thanks for the chance to win..Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was good this year :)
    I love St. Nick days, my brother have birthday today.
    yeeppyyy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely tradition, TFS your story! Your card is beautiful, love your sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card. What a fun tradition. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a beautiful card. Of course I was a good girl this year :)

    Hugs, Uta

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kathrin--Love the card but most off loved your St Nick story!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete